Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Orion (Archived) » Client-side only implementation of orion.project.handler?
Client-side only implementation of orion.project.handler? [message #1386864] Sat, 21 June 2014 23:16 Go to next message
Michael Ihde is currently offline Michael IhdeFriend
I'm trying to build an Orion plugin that implements orion.project.handler; the wiki points to the Git plugin as an example but this plugin appears to do all of the work to create the project and files using a server side bundle.

initProject: function(params, projectMetadata) {
  // ???? - without requiring custom server side code
}

Looking at the basic project code, it looked like fileClient.createProject()/fileClient.createFile() would do what I wanted...but I couldn't figure out how to get access to a working fileClient reference from within my plugin.

My second thought was to attempt to use the Server API and make a xhr-POST request to create the project, but this API appears to require the workspace id...which I also couldn't find a clear way to access.

Is it possible to create a client-side only implementation?
Re: Client-side only implementation of orion.project.handler? [message #1386870 is a reply to message #1386864] Sun, 22 June 2014 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
Unfortunately, it is not possible for a plug-in to get hold of services:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/351122/
Re: Client-side only implementation of orion.project.handler? [message #1386871 is a reply to message #1386864] Sun, 22 June 2014 05:15 Go to previous message
Rafael Chaves is currently offline Rafael ChavesFriend
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 24 June 2014 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Orion editor didn't support Korean language
Next Topic:Marketplace Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:01:04 GMT 2024