Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page(I am looking for a decent running example of how to embed a BIRT report inside an existing HTML page)
Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386458] Tue, 17 June 2014 17:12 Go to next message
RUSSELL NILE is currently offline RUSSELL NILEFriend
I have not been able to find a decent example of embedding a BIRT report inside an HTML page. Actuate has some using their release, but I want to use the completely open-source BIRT 4.3.2.

Is this obvious and I am looking right past it? So close to the forest that I can't see the trees?
Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386465 is a reply to message #1386458] Tue, 17 June 2014 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Have you seen the BIRT Viewer Toolkit? It's not part of the open source release, but it is free and provides a JavaScript API to be able to easily embed BIRT content anywhere you can use JavaScript.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386468 is a reply to message #1386465] Tue, 17 June 2014 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually downloaded that kit once, but could not get it to work in either JBoss 7.1.1 or Wildfly 8.0.0. Followed the instructions to the letter but the servlets loaded, but any link I clicked on would give me errors when executing the report.

I did not, however, try to bring the api elements over to give them a whirl....let me see if I can do that with a bit more success.

Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386471 is a reply to message #1386468] Tue, 17 June 2014 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you talking about the links from the landing page? Or drill through links from reports? Both have been updated, but a bug with drill throughs was fixed in the latest download.

Michael

Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386479 is a reply to message #1386471] Tue, 17 June 2014 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran through the instructions and the servlet itself comes up, but the two embedded reports simply clock, and when I click on the link for the tst.rptdesign I get the following error message:

18004: An error occurred while getting report parameters.
Cannot get file %2test.rptdesign
PARAMETER1=Cannot get file %2test.rptdesign
Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386483 is a reply to message #1386479] Tue, 17 June 2014 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It looks like there might be an unneeded character in the name of the design, the %2. Is this a fresh download of the toolkit? Or the one you had before? If the old download, can you get a fresh one?

Michael

Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386486 is a reply to message #1386483] Tue, 17 June 2014 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I downloaded this today, but all the files are dated 1/22/2014. I tinkered around and even brought this in to an Eclipse project but still no love. I also tried to embed one myself in a new html page but I seem to get other errors:
(15:06:56,300 ERROR [io.undertow.request] (default task-15) UT005023: Exception handling request to /JBOSS_ActuateBIRTViewer/ivresource: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.iv.pages.layout.IVResourceFragment_jsp)
NOTE: org.apache.jsp.iv.pages.layout.IVResourceFragment_jsp does not exist, but com.actuate.iv.presentation.aggregation.layout.IVResourceFragment does

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2014 13:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1386585 is a reply to message #1386486] Wed, 18 June 2014 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks/smells like there were some jsp changes when JBoss/Wildfly went to Undertow. The long and short of it; it appears as though the Acuate download will not work with Wildfly. I've spent too much time trying to get this to work at this point, for now I'll just step back to the open source one and use that viewer. It is supposedly not as polished as the Actuate download, but I wouldn't know.
Re: Decent example of embedding a report into an existing html page [message #1388935 is a reply to message #1386585] Fri, 27 June 2014 05:39 Go to previous message

Let me take a look. I'll let you know what happens. Smile

Michael

Previous Topic:Cannot preview the report: XPCOM error
Next Topic:Birt integratiion with struts 2.3.1.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:30:05 GMT 2024