Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » RSE Browse a mounted point
RSE Browse a mounted point [message #1385983] Thu, 12 June 2014 15:56 Go to next message
Mat Mathiew is currently offline Mat MathiewFriend
Hi,

My problem is the following:

I need to browse using RSE a mounted dir on the remote server. The mounting cannot be permanent i.e. I can mount once per ssh session, if I mount from a different ssh connection the mount does not appear in the RSE explorer.

Can I use the ssh connection that RSE is using to show the rest of the files in order for the mounting to appear in the browsing? Any other suggestions how to do that using RSE?

Re: RSE Browse a mounted point [message #1385986 is a reply to message #1385983] Thu, 12 June 2014 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
What about adding an RSE "Filter" for your mount point:

Right-click > New > Filter : Specify absolute path to your mount point.
Re: RSE Browse a mounted point [message #1386008 is a reply to message #1385986] Thu, 12 June 2014 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Maybe I didn't explain well the problem.
The mount point does not exist that's why it is not shown. I want to create it using the same ssh connection that is used by RSE. Do you know if it is possible?
Re: RSE Browse a mounted point [message #1386596 is a reply to message #1386008] Wed, 18 June 2014 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Not sure if I understand.

If a command like "mount /net/yourmount" is needed, you can execute that command from a shell and then use an RSE filter to show your files.

Or are you saying that your server supports automounting, and you need RSE to do some sort of a file or folder access like "cd /net/yourmount/" in order for that mount point to appear ? - then just using an RSE Filter might work (though I haven't tested).

Martin
Re: RSE Browse a mounted point [message #1386704 is a reply to message #1385983] Thu, 19 June 2014 15:23 Go to previous message
Thanks for you help but the RSE filter does not work because the mount point exists only in the ssh session that I used to create it. All other ssh sessions do not see the mount point, is not permant. It exists only in the ssh session that create it.

What I want to do is to mount using the same ssh connection that the filter is using in order for the mount point to exist!
Previous Topic:How can RSE use a specific key for a connection
Next Topic:Eclipse RSE SSH Private Key 'Auth Fail'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:43:15 GMT 2024