Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Incremental filtering in nattable(Incremental filtering in nattable)
Incremental filtering in nattable [message #1385520] Sun, 08 June 2014 13:52 Go to next message
gaurav dubey is currently offline gaurav dubeyFriend
Hi,

We are using NatTable in rcp application to provide filter support grid. We want to implement incremental filter support in the grid, but currently nat table filter the contents on an event(on enter key/focus out from filter field).

I wanted to know is there any way to provide filter in nattable on user type i.e. on user type contents of natTable will filter, I have implemented incremental filter in nattable but it having issues like text editor displayed for filter field get dis positioned after first time.

Can anyone suggest a way to achieve incremental filtering in nattable?

Re: Incremental filtering in nattable [message #1385530 is a reply to message #1385520] Sun, 08 June 2014 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Do you mean filter on keypress rather than commit?

Please check the new filter examples. I added a configuration attribute with 1.1 to add that support.
Re: Incremental filtering in nattable [message #1385548 is a reply to message #1385530] Mon, 09 June 2014 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply,Could you please hint me the configuration attribute which will provide incremental filtering support in NatTable, I have checked both classes FilteredRowGridExample and StaticFilterGridExample, but unable to find the config.

Re: Incremental filtering in nattable [message #1385549 is a reply to message #1385548] Mon, 09 June 2014 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dirk,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I found the example it is in GlazedListFilterExample. Thanks again
Re: Incremental filtering in nattable [message #1385620 is a reply to message #1385549] Tue, 10 June 2014 06:00 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
To answer the question correctly, it is not only a configuration, it is a special editor that performs commits on keypress. You need to configure the FilterRowTextCellEditor if you need to filter "incrementally".
Previous Topic:Making cells editable
Next Topic:Filtering grouped columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:56:51 GMT 2024