Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Fragments not visible after Product Export
Fragments not visible after Product Export [message #1385507] Sat, 07 June 2014 22:46 Go to next message
anduril elendil is currently offline anduril elendilFriend
Hi everyone,

guess title says everything. I have my main application model and a fragment in a different plugins . The fragment contributes a part to a part stack This works fine as long as I start my application from within Eclipse But After exporting my RCP as a product, the extensions defined in the fragments.e4xmi are not shown

In the Plugin.xml I added org.eclipse.e4.workbench.model to Extension and refer to the plugin using the uri platform:/plugin/com.my.plugin/fragments.xml

Can anyone help me what to do so that my fragment parts are shown after product export?

Thank you
Re: Fragments not visible after Product Export [message #1385576 is a reply to message #1385507] Mon, 09 June 2014 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
Make sure you have included the fragments.e4xmi in the binary build:
- PDE editor, "build.properties", check "fragments.e4xmi"

anduril elendil wrote on Sun, 08 June 2014 00:46
Hi everyone,

guess title says everything. I have my main application model and a fragment in a different plugins . The fragment contributes a part to a part stack This works fine as long as I start my application from within Eclipse But After exporting my RCP as a product, the extensions defined in the fragments.e4xmi are not shown

In the Plugin.xml I added org.eclipse.e4.workbench.model to Extension and refer to the plugin using the uri platform:/plugin/com.my.plugin/fragments.xml

Can anyone help me what to do so that my fragment parts are shown after product export?

Thank you

Re: Fragments not visible after Product Export [message #1385719 is a reply to message #1385576] Tue, 10 June 2014 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anduril elendil is currently offline anduril elendilFriend
Thanks! That solved it! Too tired to think of that ...
Re: Fragments not visible after Product Export [message #1740933 is a reply to message #1385719] Fri, 19 August 2016 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul ling is currently offline paul lingFriend
My situation is slightly different. My Fragment is in a separated plugin. I can't get the fragment defined UI show up in the exported product. It works though if running from eclipse IDE.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Re: Fragments not visible after Product Export [message #1754264 is a reply to message #1385576] Wed, 15 February 2017 21:48 Go to previous message
Harshita Kaur is currently offline Harshita KaurFriend
Hi,

Where to find the PDE editor?

I found 'build properties'(for the particular project) in the package explorer and I opened it and saw that fragment.e4xmi was already checked in the binary build. I still can't see the fragments after i export the project. Can you please help??

Previous Topic:PowerMock tests not working from tycho
Next Topic:Dark Theme GTK working with KDE Plasma 5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:49:20 GMT 2024