Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » merging uml2.odesign to another .odesign(merging uml2.odesign from UML-Modeling-sirius to my own .odesign)
merging uml2.odesign to another .odesign [message #1385458] Fri, 06 June 2014 14:44 Go to next message
simon moreau is currently offline simon moreauFriend
Hi sirius community,

I've been trying to do something with no sucess:
merging correctly uml2.odesign found in UML-Modeling-sirius to my own .odesign.

I'd like to do that to use some of the work that has been done in UML designer (UML-Modeling-sirius) in my own modeler, in my own viewpoint .
I've seen in a .odesign I could "right click"->"Load Ressource..." to add another .odesign in it. Then I could have imported ("right click"->"New import...") the elements I needed from uml2.odesign in my diagram.
Therefore I've done it, the problem is uml2.design has a lot of java extensions that are not linked to it when it is loaded in my own.odesign which leads to a lot of errors/missing functionnalities.

Is there a correct way to fuse 2 .odesign and all their java extensions ?

I hope my question wasn't too fuzzy.

Simon
Re: merging uml2.odesign to another .odesign [message #1385460 is a reply to message #1385458] Fri, 06 June 2014 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charlie Mordant is currently offline Charlie MordantFriend

Hi Simon,

In Sirius, you have the concept of "Diagram extension description" that you can use instead of the usual diagram description to extend a diagram (you can, for example make your odesign being extensions of the uml modeler).
For the java extension issue, you've got to embed the uml designer business jars (I think that there are some if your extensions aren't resolved).

Regards,
Re: merging uml2.odesign to another .odesign [message #1385628 is a reply to message #1385460] Tue, 10 June 2014 07:29 Go to previous message
simon moreau is currently offline simon moreauFriend
Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the answer I'll look into this Smile
Previous Topic:Container with fixed freeform presentation
Next Topic:Style Customization extension point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:56:35 GMT 2024