Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Problem during meta-data refresh
Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1385374] Thu, 05 June 2014 23:51 Go to next message
Al B is currently offline Al BFriend
With Juno, we are able to create build artifacts, but we try with Kepler 4.3, then we get this exception:

Problem during meta-data refresh: No component named _feature_gov.nasa.arc.spife is known to Buckminster
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MissingComponentException: No component named _feature_gov.nasa.arc.spife is known to Buckminster
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:179)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:185)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.refreshProject(MetadataSynchronizer.java:295)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.workspaceCatchUp(MetadataSynchronizer.java:394)
at org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$WorkspaceCatchUpJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:185)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

Has anyone experienced this issue with Kepler?
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1385390 is a reply to message #1385374] Fri, 06 June 2014 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
On 06/06/2014 01:51, Al B wrote:
> With Juno, we are able to create build artifacts, but we try with Kepler
> 4.3, then we get this exception:
>
> Problem during meta-data refresh: No component named
> _feature_gov.nasa.arc.spife is known to Buckminster
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MissingComponentException: No
> component named _feature_gov.nasa.arc.spife is known to Buckminster
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:179)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.LocalResolver.fromPath(LocalResolver.java:185)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.refreshProject(MetadataSynchronizer.java:295)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer.workspaceCatchUp(MetadataSynchronizer.java:394)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.metadata.MetadataSynchronizer$WorkspaceCatchUpJob.run(MetadataSynchronizer.java:185)
>
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
>
> Has anyone experienced this issue with Kepler?

OK, I see you opened another thread, so I'll answer here as well :)

do you get this error in the IDE or during the headless build? Are you
using Buckminster for Kepler?

cheers
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book

Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1385400 is a reply to message #1385390] Fri, 06 June 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get this error in the workbench, using Buckminster for Kepler.

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/updates-4.3
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1385511 is a reply to message #1385400] Sun, 08 June 2014 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
On 06/06/2014 10:15, Al B wrote:
> I get this error in the workbench, using Buckminster for Kepler.
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/buckminster/updates-4.3

You may want to try with a fresh workspace... I don't know otherwise.

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DI, Univ. Torino
HOME: http://www.lorenzobettini.it
Xtext Book:
http://www.packtpub.com/implementing-domain-specific-languages-with-xtext-and-xtend/book

Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1408497 is a reply to message #1385511] Fri, 15 August 2014 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knut Wannheden is currently offline Knut WannhedenFriend
I just had a problem like this as well. It turned out that the feature Buckminster claimed not knowing had an included feature duplicated in the feature.xml. I.e. there were two <include> elements for the same feature. While PDE doesn't seem to care much about this, it doesn't make much sense. But in this case the Buckminster logging is also not very helpful.
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1408551 is a reply to message #1408497] Fri, 15 August 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, thanks Knut! You are right. I had two "org.eclipse.emf.common" declared as includes. I still cannot create a build, but I'm now getting a more meaningful error. Thanks again.
Re: Problem during meta-data refresh [message #1409392 is a reply to message #1408551] Mon, 18 August 2014 01:56 Go to previous message
Knut Wannheden is currently offline Knut WannhedenFriend
Glad that helped in your case!

I still have cases where I run into the same "No component named <foo> is known to Buckminster" problem and don't know what the issue is. The plug-ins in question are clearly part of the target platform, but there is no logging from Buckminster which would help me pin this down. If I get time I will try to debug it...
Previous Topic:Circular component dependency JDT -> OTDT -> JDT
Next Topic:SVN Repo - head instead of trunk
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:51:28 GMT 2024