Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Scout usage from command line(scout, command line)
icon1.gif  Scout usage from command line [message #1385032] Tue, 03 June 2014 19:48 Go to next message
Eagle Eye is currently offline Eagle EyeFriend
Hello,
I have question if there is any possibility tu use Scout SDK from command line? E.g. Is it possible to create new Scout project and forms, pages, etc using command line or some tool which can do that. I'm using scout in Eclipse IDE now and I'd like to use common things (done via Eclipse IDE) via command line.

Is this possible please?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best Regards,
EagleEye1984
Re: Scout usage from command line [message #1385073 is a reply to message #1385032] Wed, 04 June 2014 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi EagleEye1984,

It depends what you need: Basically you can launch the non-UI parts of the Scout SDK from command line, yes.

But there is no interactive console in which you could type commands yet.

So what you can do:
- write a small class that creates a predefined bunch of scout objects. Then you can launch the Scout SDK from command line and these objects are created.
- write a class that reads certain input parameters or input files defining the objects to be created and execute the corresponding sdk commands. The format of the input parameter or input file can then be defined by yourself.
- write the interactive console mentioned above and execute the corresponding sdk commands.

In all those options you would need to implement the org.eclipse.equinox.app.IApplication interface and launch this application from the command line (example):

eclipse.exe -nosplash -application <your_IApplication_id> -data <workspace_loc> -your other parameters

There is already an implementation for option 2 on github called SAML. In this implementation you can create some scout objects using description files (SAML, Scout Application Modeling Language). You can describe the objects to be created in a minimalistic way and then launch the object creation from Ant or command line. All objects defined in these files will then be created. Unfortunately this tool is only compatible with Scout 3.9 und is currently not maintained anymore. But maybe it gives you a hint.

Hope this answers your question? Otherwise don't hesitate to ask again Smile

Kind regards
matthias
Re: Scout usage from command line [message #1385074 is a reply to message #1385073] Wed, 04 June 2014 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eagle Eye is currently offline Eagle EyeFriend
Hi Matthias,

I think this exactly what I need. Will investigate the SAML possibilities and hope it will be usefull for me.

I'll write back my experiences once I try usage of SAML.

Thanks again.
EagleEye1984
Re: Scout usage from command line [message #1385665 is a reply to message #1385074] Tue, 10 June 2014 11:01 Go to previous message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Ok, if you need any help using the SAML code, just ask Smile

There is also a documentation paper. Especially chapter 4.3.3 explains how to run it using Ant or command line. And the referenced documents point to some samples. Maybe this helps.

Regards,
m
Previous Topic:Error on Create SearchForms on Scout 4.0
Next Topic:Column Filter in TablePages when table is scrolled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:01:26 GMT 2024