Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT PDF creation not working need to install iText in BIRT 4.3.2 / Eclipse Kepler?
icon5.gif  BIRT PDF creation not working need to install iText in BIRT 4.3.2 / Eclipse Kepler? [message #1384871] Mon, 02 June 2014 16:44 Go to next message
Johannes Koch is currently offline Johannes KochFriend
I created a simple BIRT report consisting of some Java classes (as sample data sources), a data set and a table (with the table columns being bound to the data set output columns), as described in Lars Vogel's nice tutorial.

When I open the report preview tab in Eclipse, the preview works fine. Also, I can succesfully view the report in any format by choosing any menu item from Run-->View Report-->...
Well, any format except for PDF. The PDF export just shows an empty page with what appears to be an „image missing" icon.

I read here and here that iText needs to be installed manually in addition to BIRT by copying the iText.jar file into some plugin directory in Eclipse. But these installation instructions are all for older versions of BIRT. I'm using BIRT 4.3.2 in Eclipse Kepler, and apparantly iText was already installed (either with Kepler or with BIRT 4.3.2, I can't tell with which).

What else can I try to see my report as a PDF?
  • Attachment: viewpdf.jpg
    (Size: 36.71KB, Downloaded 193 times)
  • Attachment: itext.jpg
    (Size: 35.86KB, Downloaded 189 times)
Re: BIRT PDF creation not working need to install iText in BIRT 4.3.2 / Eclipse Kepler? [message #1385166 is a reply to message #1384871] Wed, 04 June 2014 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Koch is currently offline Johannes KochFriend
I was able to resolve this issue by installing Adobe Reader. I originally had only alternative PDF viewers installed on all of my systems. After installing Adobe Reader, the PDF preview from Eclipse worked.
Re: BIRT PDF creation not working need to install iText in BIRT 4.3.2 / Eclipse Kepler? [message #1385223 is a reply to message #1385166] Thu, 05 June 2014 04:32 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Good to hear. May I ask what the other readers were that didn't work?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Trouble with table name as parameter
Next Topic:How to desable the processin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:51:09 GMT 2024