Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » GEF in RCP [short question]
GEF in RCP [short question] [message #242894] Tue, 13 May 2008 09:17 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bassman.gmx.at

Hi,

Do I have to integrate a GEF-Editor (extending GraphicalEditorWithPalette) in RCP as a RDP-Editor or is it possible to add it as a view?

Thank you,
George
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #242899 is a reply to message #242894] Tue, 13 May 2008 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: michael.remove-this-bit.overuse.org

No, you can implement a viewer directly on an SWT canvas control.
Take a look at the ScrollingGraphicalViewer class:
http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse. gef.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/gef/ui/parts/Scrolling GraphicalViewer.html

IIRC, the code inside GraphicalEditor is quite easy to follow for
creating the viewer manually, and the redbook has plenty of detail.

Mike.

Georg Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do I have to integrate a GEF-Editor (extending GraphicalEditorWithPalette) in RCP as a RDP-Editor or is it possible to add it as a view?
>
> Thank you,
> George
>
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #242910 is a reply to message #242899] Tue, 13 May 2008 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thank you (again)
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #243047 is a reply to message #242894] Tue, 20 May 2008 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: juergen.scheffler.gmx.de

Did u solve it? If not, write here again, I ll help.

Georg Hansen schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Do I have to integrate a GEF-Editor (extending GraphicalEditorWithPalette) in RCP as a RDP-Editor or is it possible to add it as a view?
>
> Thank you,
> George
>
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #243178 is a reply to message #243047] Wed, 28 May 2008 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

>Did u solve it? If not, write here again, I ll help.

Up to now, i didn't solve the problem. I integrated my editor as editor. So I would appreciate if you could give me some hints...

>
>
>Georg Hansen schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do I have to integrate a GEF-Editor (extending GraphicalEditorWithPalette) in RCP as a RDP-Editor or is it possible to add it as a view?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> George
>>
>
>
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #243210 is a reply to message #243178] Thu, 29 May 2008 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prakash G.R. is currently offline Prakash G.R.Friend
Georg Hansen wrote:
>> Did u solve it? If not, write here again, I ll help.
>
> Up to now, i didn't solve the problem. I integrated my editor as editor. So I would appreciate if you could give me some hints...
>
>>
>> Georg Hansen schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Do I have to integrate a GEF-Editor (extending GraphicalEditorWithPalette) in RCP as a RDP-Editor or is it possible to add it as a view?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> George
>>>
>>
>

What exactly is the problem you are facing?

--

- Prakash

Eclipse Tips: http://blog.cypal-solutions.com
Eclipse Search: http://www.cypal.in/eclipsesearch
Re: GEF in RCP [short question] [message #243220 is a reply to message #243210] Thu, 29 May 2008 08:25 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

>What exactly is the problem you are facing?

Well: I have an existing RCP-Project. It contains a lot of views. To expand this project, I builded an editor with gef. The editor is just a small part of the whole project, and I want to add it as a plugin.
In the plugin.xml of MyEditor I added the following extensions:
1. an org.eclipse.ui.editors-extension for MyEditor
2. an org.eclipse.ui.actionSets-extension for adding an icon and a call action (because the MyEditor is not visible from startup)

run() of the action:
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActi vePage().openEditor(input, MyEditor.ID);
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getActi vePage().showView(IPageLayout.ID_PROP_SHEET);

I need to open the properties-view (because it's not open).

This all works, but it looks awful an dwhen i cloase MyEditor, the editor is still visible and the properties-view too.

My problems with this:
I want MyEditor as a view, because it more easy to handle (position, visible, etc.) (I think so, out of an unadvanced perspective)
I want the property sheet to be closed automatically with MyEditor

br,
Georg
Previous Topic:Question on GEF in view again
Next Topic:How to make a multi-tab view in GEF.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:27:14 GMT 2024