Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » Merge?
Merge? [message #23851] Wed, 06 August 2008 12:28 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: douglas.palmer.prismtech.com

Hi everyone

I notice there is a new version of buckminster on the downloads site
with fixes for recent issues. Is there any chance this could be merged
into the eclipse 3.3 branch?

Thanks
Doug
Re: Merge? [message #23892 is a reply to message #23851] Wed, 06 August 2008 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Douglas,
I plan to do the merge later this week. I just haven't got around to it yet.

There will always be some latency between the 3.4 updates and merges to
3.3. If you want to stay on the bleeding edge, and unless you have
experienced some problems with the configuration, perhaps you should
consider using the 3.4 version on a 3.3 target platform?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Douglas Palmer wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I notice there is a new version of buckminster on the downloads site
> with fixes for recent issues. Is there any chance this could be merged
> into the eclipse 3.3 branch?
>
> Thanks
> Doug
Re: Merge? [message #23933 is a reply to message #23892] Wed, 06 August 2008 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: douglas.palmer.prismtech.com

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi Douglas,
> I plan to do the merge later this week. I just haven't got around to it
> yet.
>
> There will always be some latency between the 3.4 updates and merges to
> 3.3. If you want to stay on the bleeding edge, and unless you have
> experienced some problems with the configuration, perhaps you should
> consider using the 3.4 version on a 3.3 target platform?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Hi Thomas

I've be thinking about moving up to 3.4; I haven't had time to
investigate this yet. My current build relies on installing emf/jet
into buckminster 3.3 and I'm not sure whether changing to 3.4 will cause
problems.

I will give this a try and see what happens.

Regards
Doug
Re: Merge? [message #24137 is a reply to message #23933] Wed, 06 August 2008 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Douglas Palmer is currently offline Douglas PalmerFriend
> Hi Thomas
>
> I've be thinking about moving up to 3.4; I haven't had time to
> investigate this yet. My current build relies on installing emf/jet
> into buckminster 3.3 and I'm not sure whether changing to 3.4 will cause
> problems.
>
> I will give this a try and see what happens.
>
> Regards
> Doug

Hello again

I tried switching my build to the eclipse 3.4 buckminster but I having a
problem with it. Whenever I try to resolve my product I get a
concurrent modification exception and the resolution fails. The stack
trace is shown below. Do I need to do something differently with the
eclipse 3.4 product?

Regards
Doug

WARN: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$TableIterato r.next(SVNHashMap.java:437)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$KeyIterator. next(SVNHashMap.java:468)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepositoryFactory.create(SVNRep ositoryFactory.java:190)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.createRep ository(DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.java:214)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNClientManager.createRepository( SVNClientManager.java:247)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:297)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:289)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBas icClient.java:792)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:483)

at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNLogClient.doList(SVNLogClient.j ava:775)

at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.list(SVNClientIm pl.java:351)

at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.list(SVNClientIm pl.java:338)

at
org.polarion.team.svn.connector.svnkit.SVNKitConnector.list( SVNKitConnector.java:1211)

at
org.eclipse.team.svn.core.extension.factory.ThreadNameModifi er.list(ThreadNameModifier.java:276)

at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SVNUtility.list(SVNUtility .java:365)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.listFolder(SubversiveSession.java:949)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getDirEntry(SubversiveSession.java:894)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getRootEntry(SubversiveSession.java:883)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveVersio nFinder.getTrunk(SubversiveVersionFinder.java:81)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:347)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestVersion(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:155)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.Provider.findMatch(P rovider.java:218)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.SearchPath.getProvid er(SearchPath.java:104)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:165)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResourceMapResolver.in nerResolve(ResourceMapResolver.java:250)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.re solve(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:218)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.ru n(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:95)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob$No deResolutionJob.run(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:50)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

ERROR [0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$TableIterato r.next(SVNHashMap.java:437)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$KeyIterator. next(SVNHashMap.java:468)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepositoryFactory.create(SVNRep ositoryFactory.java:190)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.createRep ository(DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.java:214)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNClientManager.createRepository( SVNClientManager.java:247)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:297)

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:289)

at

at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:483)

at
org.polarion.team.svn.connector.svnkit.SVNKitConnector.list( SVNKitConnector.java:1211)

at
org.eclipse.team.svn.core.extension.factory.ThreadNameModifi er.list(ThreadNameModifier.java:276)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.listFolder(SubversiveSession.java:949)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getDirEntry(SubversiveSession.java:894)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getRootEntry(SubversiveSession.java:883)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveVersio nFinder.getTrunk(SubversiveVersionFinder.java:81)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:347)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestVersion(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:155)

at

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.SearchPath.getProvid er(SearchPath.java:104)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:165)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResourceMapResolver.in nerResolve(ResourceMapResolver.java:250)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.re solve(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:218)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.ru n(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:95)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob$No deResolutionJob.run(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:50)

ERROR [0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveRemote FileReader. <init>(SubversiveRemoteFileReader.java:85)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveReader Type.getReader(SubversiveReaderType.java:57)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.ProviderMatch.getReader (ProviderMatch.java:148)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:275)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get ComponentVersion(AbstractComponentType.java:144)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractVersionFinder.g etVersionFromArtifacts(AbstractVersionFinder.java:75)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:378)

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

ERROR [0012] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveRemote FileReader. <init>(SubversiveRemoteFileReader.java:85)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveReader Type.getReader(SubversiveReaderType.java:57)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.ProviderMatch.getReader (ProviderMatch.java:148)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:275)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:170)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:172)

at

at

at

at

ERROR [0018] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get ComponentVersion(AbstractComponentType.java:144)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractVersionFinder.g etVersionFromArtifacts(AbstractVersionFinder.java:75)

at
org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:378)

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

ERROR [0024] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Errors and Warnings

[0][0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Caused by: [0]java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

[0][0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

[0][0012] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

[0][0018] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

[0][0024] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Re: Merge? [message #24161 is a reply to message #24137] Wed, 06 August 2008 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Douglas,
No, nothing different in 3.4. This is an exception that I haven't seen
before and it's not in a bundle that has a special 3.3 branch. You use
the same in the 3.3 version.

I'll have to investigate this further.

Can you try setting the number of parallel resolution threads to 1 and
see if the problem goes away? What value are you using today?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Douglas Palmer wrote:
>> Hi Thomas
>>
>> I've be thinking about moving up to 3.4; I haven't had time to
>> investigate this yet. My current build relies on installing emf/jet
>> into buckminster 3.3 and I'm not sure whether changing to 3.4 will
>> cause problems.
>>
>> I will give this a try and see what happens.
>>
>> Regards
>> Doug
>
> Hello again
>
> I tried switching my build to the eclipse 3.4 buckminster but I having a
> problem with it. Whenever I try to resolve my product I get a
> concurrent modification exception and the resolution fails. The stack
> trace is shown below. Do I need to do something differently with the
> eclipse 3.4 product?
>
> Regards
> Doug
>
>
> WARN: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
> java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$TableIterato r.next(SVNHashMap.java:437)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$KeyIterator. next(SVNHashMap.java:468)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepositoryFactory.create(SVNRep ositoryFactory.java:190)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.createRep ository(DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.java:214)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNClientManager.createRepository( SVNClientManager.java:247)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:297)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:289)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBas icClient.java:792)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:483)
>
>
> at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNLogClient.doList(SVNLogClient.j ava:775)
>
> at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.list(SVNClientIm pl.java:351)
>
> at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.list(SVNClientIm pl.java:338)
>
> at
> org.polarion.team.svn.connector.svnkit.SVNKitConnector.list( SVNKitConnector.java:1211)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.team.svn.core.extension.factory.ThreadNameModifi er.list(ThreadNameModifier.java:276)
>
>
> at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.utility.SVNUtility.list(SVNUtility .java:365)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.listFolder(SubversiveSession.java:949)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getDirEntry(SubversiveSession.java:894)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getRootEntry(SubversiveSession.java:883)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveVersio nFinder.getTrunk(SubversiveVersionFinder.java:81)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:347)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestVersion(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:155)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.Provider.findMatch(P rovider.java:218)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.SearchPath.getProvid er(SearchPath.java:104)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:165)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResourceMapResolver.in nerResolve(ResourceMapResolver.java:250)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.re solve(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:218)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.ru n(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:95)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob$No deResolutionJob.run(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:50)
>
>
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
>
> ERROR [0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$TableIterato r.next(SVNHashMap.java:437)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNHashMap$KeyIterator. next(SVNHashMap.java:468)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.io.SVNRepositoryFactory.create(SVNRep ositoryFactory.java:190)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.createRep ository(DefaultSVNRepositoryPool.java:214)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNClientManager.createRepository( SVNClientManager.java:247)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:297)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:289)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBas icClient.java:792)
>
>
> at
> org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SV NBasicClient.java:483)
>
>
>
>
>
> at
> org.polarion.team.svn.connector.svnkit.SVNKitConnector.list( SVNKitConnector.java:1211)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.team.svn.core.extension.factory.ThreadNameModifi er.list(ThreadNameModifier.java:276)
>
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.listFolder(SubversiveSession.java:949)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getDirEntry(SubversiveSession.java:894)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveSessio n.getRootEntry(SubversiveSession.java:883)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveVersio nFinder.getTrunk(SubversiveVersionFinder.java:81)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:347)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestVersion(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:155)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.Provider.findMatch(P rovider.java:218)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.SearchPath.getProvid er(SearchPath.java:104)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:165)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResourceMapResolver.in nerResolve(ResourceMapResolver.java:250)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.re solve(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:218)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob.ru n(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:95)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.resolver.ResolverNodeWithJob$No deResolutionJob.run(ResolverNodeWithJob.java:50)
>
>
>
> ERROR [0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveRemote FileReader. <init>(SubversiveRemoteFileReader.java:85)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveReader Type.getReader(SubversiveReaderType.java:57)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.ProviderMatch.getReader (ProviderMatch.java:148)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:275)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get ComponentVersion(AbstractComponentType.java:144)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractVersionFinder.g etVersionFromArtifacts(AbstractVersionFinder.java:75)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:378)
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> ERROR [0012] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveRemote FileReader. <init>(SubversiveRemoteFileReader.java:85)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.subversive.internal.SubversiveReader Type.getReader(SubversiveReaderType.java:57)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.ProviderMatch.getReader (ProviderMatch.java:148)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:275)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get Resolution(AbstractComponentType.java:170)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.model.ResourceMap.resolve( ResourceMap.java:172)
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> ERROR [0018] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.ctype.AbstractComponentType.get ComponentVersion(AbstractComponentType.java:144)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractVersionFinder.g etVersionFromArtifacts(AbstractVersionFinder.java:75)
>
>
> at
> org.eclipse.buckminster.core.version.AbstractSCCSVersionFind er.getBestTrunkMatch(AbstractSCCSVersionFinder.java:378)
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
> at
>
>
>
> ERROR [0024] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
> Errors and Warnings
>
> [0][0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
> Caused by: [0]java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
> [0][0004] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
> [0][0012] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
> [0][0018] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
>
> [0][0024] : java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>
Re: Merge? [message #24199 is a reply to message #24161] Wed, 06 August 2008 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi Douglas,
> No, nothing different in 3.4. This is an exception that I haven't seen
> before and it's not in a bundle that has a special 3.3 branch. You use
> the same in the 3.3 version.
>
> I'll have to investigate this further.
>
> Can you try setting the number of parallel resolution threads to 1 and
> see if the problem goes away? What value are you using today?
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Hi Thomas

I'm not sure how many parallel resolution threads I'm using; I'll be
using the default number for the 3.4 headless product. How would I go
about setting the number to 1?

Regards
Doug
Re: Merge? [message #24237 is a reply to message #24199] Wed, 06 August 2008 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can use this headless command:

buckminster setpref maxParallelResolutions=1

or, set it using the Buckminster preferences in the IDE.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Douglas Palmer wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> Hi Douglas,
>> No, nothing different in 3.4. This is an exception that I haven't seen
>> before and it's not in a bundle that has a special 3.3 branch. You use
>> the same in the 3.3 version.
>>
>> I'll have to investigate this further.
>>
>> Can you try setting the number of parallel resolution threads to 1 and
>> see if the problem goes away? What value are you using today?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas Hallgren
>
> Hi Thomas
>
> I'm not sure how many parallel resolution threads I'm using; I'll be
> using the default number for the 3.4 headless product. How would I go
> about setting the number to 1?
>
> Regards
> Doug
Re: Merge? [message #24278 is a reply to message #24237] Wed, 06 August 2008 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> You can use this headless command:
>
> buckminster setpref maxParallelResolutions=1
>
> or, set it using the Buckminster preferences in the IDE.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Hi Thomas

Setting maxParallelResolutions=1 fixes the problem; surprisingly it
didn't impact the build time much either.

Regards
Doug

P.s. My buckmister install includes
org.eclipse.team.svn.core_0.7.2.I20080801-1500.jar
Re: Merge? [message #24402 is a reply to message #24278] Thu, 07 August 2008 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I asked about the ConcurrentModificationException on the SVNKit forum.
As it turns out, it's not available for Subversive at this point (they
are at revision 4583) but a binary is available elsewhere. This is the
reply:

Hello Thomas,

We've fixed that problem in 1.2.x branch of SVNKit (r4592). You may get
SVNKit binaries with the fix at our build server at
https://teamcity.svnkit.com/ - this fix also will be included into the
next version of SVNKit (1.2.0-beta5).

Alexander Kitaev,
TMate Software,
http://svnkit.com/ - Java [Sub]Versioning Library!

Douglas Palmer wrote:
> Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> You can use this headless command:
>>
>> buckminster setpref maxParallelResolutions=1
>>
>> or, set it using the Buckminster preferences in the IDE.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas Hallgren
>
> Hi Thomas
>
> Setting maxParallelResolutions=1 fixes the problem; surprisingly it
> didn't impact the build time much either.
>
> Regards
> Doug
>
> P.s. My buckmister install includes
> org.eclipse.team.svn.core_0.7.2.I20080801-1500.jar
Re: Merge? [message #24442 is a reply to message #24402] Thu, 07 August 2008 15:29 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I asked about the ConcurrentModificationException on the SVNKit forum.
> As it turns out, it's not available for Subversive at this point (they
> are at revision 4583) but a binary is available elsewhere. This is the
> reply:
>
>
> Hello Thomas,
>
> We've fixed that problem in 1.2.x branch of SVNKit (r4592). You may get
> SVNKit binaries with the fix at our build server at
> https://teamcity.svnkit.com/ - this fix also will be included into the
> next version of SVNKit (1.2.0-beta5).
>
> Alexander Kitaev,
> TMate Software,
> http://svnkit.com/ - Java [Sub]Versioning Library!

Thanks Thomas

Ok, I'll keep maxParallelResolutions at 1 until we get another
subversive release.

Regards
Doug

P.s. Other than this the move to 3.4 appears to have been pretty seemless.
Previous Topic:[buckminster-dev] using Buckminster with Hudson - tutorial?
Next Topic:[buckminster-dev] Welcome Adrian Skehill as a new tools.buckminster Committer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:15:11 GMT 2024