Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module
creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1371774] Wed, 21 May 2014 14:40 Go to next message
Lobna Elloumi is currently offline Lobna ElloumiFriend
hi all
I'm a PhD student and my probematic adresses the problem of creating pattern from a set of process models modeled with the BPMN standard notation . My construction method is already published but i must now automate it. I am very interested to the BPMN2 plug-in on and i hope to implement my work using the extension module of this plug in.
I read some intervention of several user in this forum and i figured that there is some problems with this version such as the visibility of the property tab which i tested by my self.
the good new is the the new version will be ready soon and it will be clear of all these bugs with user guide.
could you please let me know when the new version and the user guide will be available.

some comment make me interrested about the manner of generation a jar file to make it usable dirictly whith any eclipse that contains bpmn2 plgin which is the major reson for me to use bpmn2 plugin, for that i hope that the user guide join some instruction about this case.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Lobna Elloumi
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1374221 is a reply to message #1371774] Thu, 22 May 2014 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Lobna,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by "creating patterns". Are you talking about programmatically constructing workflows using design patterns? If so, this is already handled quite well in the editor. Try one of the "Workflow Pattern" tools in the tool palette. These are all "macro" commands of sorts, that can be defined in a plug-in extension, or in a configuration file that extends the tool palette. Have a look at the documentation for the <toolPalette> extension point schema.

The current API rework should be done within a week or two, along with the developer docs, which will consist of the API extension point schema documentation and javadoc.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1384003 is a reply to message #1374221] Tue, 27 May 2014 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,
thanks for your quick answer. Smile
I'm working on the research topic "creation of pattern", so that, i elaborated an approach to create pattern, in order to test the efficiency of my approach i had to automate it and bpmn2 was a very good tool to extend the palette.
I explored the customtask example and i want to congratulate you for this wonderful job, although, i want that you consider this note mentioned in my previous postQuote:

some comment make me interested about the manner of generation a jar file to make it usable directly with any eclipse that contains bpmn2 plugin which is the major reason for me to use bpmn2 plugin, for that i hope that the user guide join some instruction about this case.

waiting for your response.
thanks. Smile

Best regards,
Lobna Elloumi
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1384225 is a reply to message #1384003] Wed, 28 May 2014 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK, it's still not clear what you want to do. First, let's make sure we're talking about the same thing: when you say "patterns" I'm assuming you are talking about BPMN workflow patterns, i.e. "fragments" of workflows that can be combined (either programmatically or interactively) to build up more complex workflows.

I'm not sure what jar files have to do with this, and how or why they would be used "directly with any eclipse that contains bpmn2 plugin". Please explain.
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1384604 is a reply to message #1384225] Thu, 29 May 2014 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,
I think there is a misunderstanding,
when I talked about "patterns", i was speaking about the reason of using bpmn2 plugin, my request is Unrelated to this.

In order to spread my work to my colleagues i want to generate a jar file from my plugin project(my palette extension) and distributed to be used "directly with any eclipse that contains bpmn2 plugin" like the customtask plugin example which is a jar file situated in the plugins file of eclipse.

I generated jar file through an extension plugin example that i created by myself and i installed in eclipse (i place it in plugin file in eclipse) and i didn't succeeded to get my target runtime, for that, i suggest to attach a paragraph to the user guide which help especially those doesn't have no much skills to use eclipse like me Embarrassed

I think this failing caused due to lack of use ant or maven.

I hope that i clarified the problem.
sorry for bothering you.

waiting for your response.
thanks. Smile

Best regards,
Lobna Elloumi
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1384616 is a reply to message #1384604] Thu, 29 May 2014 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No bother at all Wink I'm happy to see people using the product Very Happy

I think what you're saying is that you have written an extension plugin for the BPMN2 Modeler, and now you want to distribute that plugin for other people to install and use in their own eclipse environments, correct?

If that's the case, please have a look at how the jbpm5 plugin is built (using maven) and added to the update site. There is a feature project in the git root named org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.runtime.jboss which defines the jbpm5 plugin and adds it to the update site.

There are lots of resources on the web that describe how to build feature projects and they can probably do a better job of explaining it than I can Wink

HTH,
Bob
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1384786 is a reply to message #1384616] Sun, 01 June 2014 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your quick response which was very useful, i'll try it. Smile
If you may please, i have another request:
I'm trying to show a label on the diagram which show the value of a property, just like the property name, for that, i'm asking you to update the customtask example of the next version in order to show the property "type" of "MyEventDefinition" as an example.

by the way, i'm a lady Laughing and you can call me sister Wink

waiting for your response. Smile
thanks.

Best regards,
Lobna Elloumi
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1403692 is a reply to message #1384786] Fri, 25 July 2014 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,
Finally I've created a plugin project that works and i proceeded to generate a jar file using maven, so i converted the plugin project into maven project and i saw pom.xml of customtask project in github in order to figure out how to configure it.
i took the easy way and i copied it into my project's pom.xml file, accordingly i've got this error message.
Quote:
Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.plugins:org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.plugins.parent:pom:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM

could you please tell us how to configure pom.xml in order to generate a jar file compatible with the others bpmn2 project jars.
Best regards.
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1404080 is a reply to message #1403692] Tue, 29 July 2014 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Lobna,

From the error message it looks like you probably did not specify the parent in your plugin's pom.xml. I don't know where your plugin lives in the hierarchy, but have a look at some of the other plugins to figure out what the correct path to the parent pom should be.

If you can provide me with a folder layout of your plugin hierarchy and how it relates to the BPMN2 Modeler plugins, I might be able to give you a better answer Wink

Cheers,
Bob
Re: creating pattern using bpmn2 extetion module [message #1404522 is a reply to message #1404080] Sat, 02 August 2014 22:17 Go to previous message
Hi Robert,
https://github.com/eclipse/bpmn2-modeler/blob/master/examples/plugins/org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.customtask/pom.xml
the link situated above was my guide in the construction of my project's pom.xml file.
after the conversion of my project into maven project, pom.xml looked like this
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

<groupId>org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.temporalspecification</groupId>
  <artifactId>org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.temporalspecification</artifactId>
  <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>BPMN2 Modeler Example Plug-in: temporalspecification</name>
  <description>temporalspecification</description>
  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>3.1</version>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.7</source>
          <target>1.7</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

i noticed the missing of the parent tag, so i added the following lines
 <parent>
<groupId>org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.plugins.parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
  </parent>

i'm sure that i have committed a mistake in specifying <groupId> and <artifactId> of my project and the parent tag, but i couldn't figured out.
Best Regards.

Previous Topic:Videos Offline
Next Topic:Add markers to Bpmn2.0 graphical elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:00:41 GMT 2024