Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Difference between Luna 4.4 M7 and Kepler 4.3.2? [SOLVED]([SOLVED])
Difference between Luna 4.4 M7 and Kepler 4.3.2? [SOLVED] [message #1363497] Sun, 18 May 2014 04:02 Go to next message
Jeff Falkenham is currently offline Jeff FalkenhamFriend
EDIT: since this board is reviewed by a moderator before anything is posted, I found out that Luna is indeed a "beta sort of thing", and that I wouldn't have even been able to use it if I downloaded it. rofl

What is the difference between the "developer build" Luna 4.4 M7, and the regular Kepler 4.3.2 "with Java 8 support"?

I haven't touched Java in a long time... And I don't keep proper notes. So instead of going through all my old programs, I was just going to blast through all the boring tutorials, and maybe I might pick up some new stuff, since I'll be doing it all properly.

So I need some fresh tools, and wasn't sure which ones to get.

I'm also kinda curious as to why there is a "developer" version of a tool that... developers use. Is that just a "potentially buggy" beta sort of thing?

Right now I'm using Eclipse 4.2.2 with JRE 7, so I'm really not up to date at all. I can't even do those new lambda things I was reading about.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 May 2014 17:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Difference between Luna 4.4 M7 and Kepler 4.3.2? [SOLVED] [message #1369803 is a reply to message #1363497] Tue, 20 May 2014 19:01 Go to previous message
Jeff Falkenham is currently offline Jeff FalkenhamFriend
this has been solved
Previous Topic:Problem Occurred after starting new Java project in Workspace
Next Topic:Workspace 101
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:08:14 GMT 2024