Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » REST Apis for Administration(Virgo Administration)
REST Apis for Administration [message #1360492] Fri, 16 May 2014 21:01 Go to next message
JC Carrillo is currently offline JC CarrilloFriend
Hello Everyone!

I'm new in this Forum and I'm looking for an OSGi framework. I have been searching for a framework that exposes REST Apis for administration of Bundles, Services etc. Does Virgo offer that? I see that Virgo's administration web console is great but I would like to customize it or perhaps build a simpler administration module as my needs are quite simple - Can that be done?

Thanks in advance.
Re: REST Apis for Administration [message #1366345 is a reply to message #1360492] Mon, 19 May 2014 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

There isn't an API exposed for changing the admin console this but the code for the Admin console is very modular with each page having a separate of files. The Admin console is a regular webapp that can run on both OSGis HTTP server and as a regular Servlet app. No code changes to run on either, it just works. If you require a simpler app I suggest you just check out the code and change it. As a project it has very few dependencies and interacts entirely through web endpoint. These aren't quite RESTful though as they are mapped from the JMX endpoints using a library called Jolokia.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: REST Apis for Administration [message #1366596 is a reply to message #1366345] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JC Carrillo is currently offline JC CarrilloFriend
Chris, your response is much appreciated. I will download the code and have a look as suggested. I am assuming removing the admin console and placing my own simplified version would be quite simple.

Thanks.
Re: REST Apis for Administration [message #1366597 is a reply to message #1366596] Mon, 19 May 2014 11:39 Go to previous message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Yes, the admin app is just a jar file in the pickup directory. Just replace it and your new one will be deployed.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Previous Topic:Ready, Steady, Vir...Go!
Next Topic:Org.eclipse.persistence.jpa deployment issue in VIRGO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:44:47 GMT 2024