Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Getting a "The file has been deleted" error that won't allow me to edit some reports
Getting a "The file has been deleted" error that won't allow me to edit some reports [message #1360443] Fri, 16 May 2014 20:30 Go to next message
Justin Husted is currently offline Justin HustedFriend
I am getting an error that will not allow me to edit some of my reports. Strangely, if I copy and paste the XML (which I have to do rapidly in between error messages) and paste the XML to a new report, the report works properly for a day or so and then errors out again, however, if I give the report the exact same name as the erroneous report, it pretty much errors out again instantly.

I thought it had to do something with the cached files, so I reinstalled BIRT, but to no avail.

I then went to the Preferences>General>Editors screen and reduced the number of restored files to 0 and unchecked the box beside "Restore Editor state upon startup" but neither of these seem to work.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Is there anything that I can do to open/edit these reports without pasting the XML into a new report?

index.php/fa/18096/0/
Re: Getting a "The file has been deleted" error that won't allow me to edit some r [message #1371785 is a reply to message #1360443] Wed, 21 May 2014 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kristopher Clark is currently offline Kristopher ClarkFriend
Justin Husted wrote:
> I am getting an error that will not allow me to edit some of my reports. Strangely, if I copy and paste the XML (which I have to do rapidly in between error messages) and paste the XML to a new report, the report works properly for a day or so and then errors out again, however, if I give the report the exact same name as the erroneous report, it pretty much errors out again instantly.
>
> I thought it had to do something with the cached files, so I reinstalled BIRT, but to no avail.
>
> I then went to the Preferences>General>Editors screen and reduced the number of restored files to 0 and unchecked the box beside "Restore Editor state upon startup" but neither of these seem to work.
>
> Has anyone encountered this error before? Is there anything that I can do to open/edit these reports without pasting the XML into a new report?
>
>
Are you seeing anything beyond that in your logs? Can you tell me more
about your environment setup and BIRT version?
Re: Getting a "The file has been deleted" error that won't allow me to edit some r [message #1385567 is a reply to message #1371785] Mon, 09 June 2014 13:57 Go to previous message
Justin Husted is currently offline Justin HustedFriend
BIRT Version was 3.7.1 - now converting over to 4.3.1 and unfortunately it seems like the old copy paste trick is not working this time - report immediately gives me that error.

I running Windows 7 SP1. The report file is on a network share drive.
Previous Topic:Keeping sort order after joining two data sets.
Next Topic:Dynamic where clause in Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:46:13 GMT 2024