Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How can split up a large amount of code into smaller chunks?
How can split up a large amount of code into smaller chunks? [message #1356883] Thu, 15 May 2014 09:06 Go to next message
dvd Charpentier is currently offline dvd CharpentierFriend
In processing.js you can split up a program into smaller parts, you make a new tab and cut/paste the code into the tab, voila the program just became a bit more manageable, how can something similar be done in Eclipse?

Thx in advance Smile

Re: How can split up a large amount of code into smaller chunks? [message #1357257 is a reply to message #1356883] Thu, 15 May 2014 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Is there a reason you can't just do as you've described? Maybe we need more context to understand the actual problem.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: How can split up a large amount of code into smaller chunks? [message #1357868 is a reply to message #1357257] Thu, 15 May 2014 18:32 Go to previous message
dvd Charpentier is currently offline dvd CharpentierFriend
No, I cannot since my program uses a lot of small functions, and they cannot be isolated into a different tab. Only classes can. Which means I must reevaluate how to programs that are as large and complex as these. Confused
Previous Topic:Eclipse with Xampp
Next Topic:Eclipse trouble - Metadata area could not be written
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:09:32 GMT 2024