Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EMF-IncQuery » plugin.xml is not being generated automatically
plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1348024] Sun, 11 May 2014 15:52 Go to next message
Emre T is currently offline Emre TFriend
Hello,

I have been playing with different versions of the IncQuery and changing a bunch of setups for my projects. Then I have noticed that my derived queries weren't working like before in my runtime instances, even though the getters were generated into the model codes correctly.

I am getting the following error:

Handler initialization failed, query specification is null. Make sure to include your EMF-IncQuery project with the query definitions in the configuration.

Then again, I have noticed that the plugin.xml's weren't generated with the clean builds of the IncQuery projects, which should have been holding the extensions of the wellbehaving derived features.

The version I am on right now is from the Integration build, since they are also supporting Xtext 2.5 (right?).

EMF-IncQuery SDK (Incubation)	0.8.0.201405091632	org.eclipse.incquery.sdk.feature.source.feature.group	Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group

Why is this the case for all of a sudden? Or I am missing something? I just can't remember that I had to do something extra to let plugin.xml generated.

Would be very happy for a quick response. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Emre

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2014 14:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1348424 is a reply to message #1348024] Sun, 11 May 2014 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

I should have picked a little bit more before opening this thread. Activating the "Clean whole directory when clean build is triggered" from EMF-IncQuery preferences has solved the problem. It was indeed off in my new workspace.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,
Emre
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1349502 is a reply to message #1348424] Mon, 12 May 2014 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Emre,

this is a really interesting but hard to understand issue for me. If I understand it correctly, you have recently upgraded for the latest integration build for Xtext 2.5 support. Can you tell me what was the previous version you have used? If it was the latest, 0.7.2 release, then in is important to upgrade your existing IncQuery projects as described in https://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFIncQuery/Releases/MigrateTo0.8.

Additionally, you where not sure about Xtext 2.5 compatibility. Basically, since January EMF-IncQuery 0.8 builds worked with both Xtext 2.4 and 2.5; however, with 2.5 we had some content assist issues. We managed those issues by making our builds Xtext 2.5-dependant.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1350084 is a reply to message #1349502] Mon, 12 May 2014 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Zoltan,

I wasn't working with any 0.7 versions of EMF-IncQuery either. Since the end of last summer I am on 0.8 and have already migrated all my projects successfully.

Though the problem is solved like mentioned in my previous post. It was a an IncQuery preferences issue.

But do you mean, that the plugin.xml should have been created independently of this preference?

Best regards,
Emre

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1350094 is a reply to message #1350084] Mon, 12 May 2014 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Emre,

yes, it should have been generated correctly. I have successfully executed builds with that setting turned off (and that is the default IncQuery), and it worked as expected.

If this setting worked for you, it means, there was something in your projects generated folder that somehow caused serious issues with the builder; but I have no specific idea what might have been causing it.

Cheers,
Zoli
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1350103 is a reply to message #1350094] Mon, 12 May 2014 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting. I will try to reproduce this issue with further settings and projects (maybe also in different platform) to see whether that war project-specific etc. I will get back to as soon as possible with more information.

But in the mean time, to put this preference to "on" to let plugin.xml be generated cannot have any sideeffects, right? As long as the extensions are created correctly, and queries work in the runtime instnce, I think it should be ok?

Best regards,
Emre
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1350105 is a reply to message #1350103] Mon, 12 May 2014 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

there shouldn't be any side-effects, unless you are using a different code generator that puts code into the src-gen folders. If the setting is not set, only code created by the IncQuery builder is removed; if it is set, then every files.

Again, my best theory is that something has remained from a previous version, and that caused strange errors.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1350117 is a reply to message #1350105] Mon, 12 May 2014 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

no, there are no any other code generators working on the IncQuery projects and puts any code into src-gen folders.

This might be actually the case, because the project that was refusing to build the plugin.xml was from an other workspace and development environment (probably with different versions of IncQuery), which I was refactoring a lot to save some time due to the complexity of the patterns.

Best regards,
Emre
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1384549 is a reply to message #1350117] Thu, 29 May 2014 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Emre,

you had an issue that the plugin.xml file was not created. Today I have found out that there was in underlying issue that did not create correctly these files if they were not existing before. I have opened https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=436146 to track this issue, and have pushed a fix to IncQuery master.

Sorry for the problem,
Zoltán
Re: plugin.xml is not being generated automatically [message #1384839 is a reply to message #1384549] Mon, 02 June 2014 13:15 Go to previous message
Hi Zoltan,

yes, indeed.

And sorry, that I haven't corrected it, but the workaround, that I have mentioned before to change the IncQuery preferences regarding plugin.xml generation, hasn't actually worked in a new environment later. So I had to copy/paste an existing plugin.xml from another IncQuery project, that was also handling some derived features, and adjust it myself.

But nice to hear, that the problem is now fixed.

Cheers,
Emre
Previous Topic:Use IncQueryObservables outside eclipse context (Rap)
Next Topic:java.lang.Override is not on the classpath
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:53:42 GMT 2024