Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » RCP product per command line
RCP product per command line [message #1348017] Sun, 11 May 2014 11:35
Frank Benoit is currently offline Frank BenoitFriend
Hi

i want to create a product and have the binary installed with relative bundle pool.
Something like i described here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23544185/eclipse-rcp-move-all-plugins-to-eclipseextension

I have read some many stuff about the p2.director and the publishers, but still i don't really get it.

Now my first milestone would be to be able to achieve exactly what is the Product Export wizard doing by command line.

My current state is:
- there is a target platform directory with the delta pack in it: "c:\project\bundlepool\target"
- I created the mail rcp example (TestRcp) and added a TestRcp.product file
- I exported the plugin itself with the plugin export wizard into "c:\project\bundlepool\expbundle"
- starting from this, i want to create the executable project, but i fail.

1. create a repository and put all from my target platform in it.
c:\Project\bundlepool>c:\Eclipse\env64\4.4m7_win64\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -console -consolelog -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher -metadataRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository -artifactRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository  -configs ANY -publishArtifacts -source c:\Project\bundlepool\target
osgi> Generating metadata for ..
Generation completed with success [5 seconds].

2. import the RCP plugin into the repository
c:\Project\bundlepool>c:\Eclipse\env64\4.4m7_win64\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -console -consolelog -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher -metadataRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository -artifactRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository  -configs ANY -publishArtifacts -source c:\Project\bundlepool\expbundle -append
Generation completed with success [0 seconds].

3. import the RCP product into the repository
c:\Project\bundlepool>c:\Eclipse\env64\4.4m7_win64\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -console -consolelog -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher -metadataRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository -artifactRepository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository  -productFile c:/Project/Bundlepool/TestRcp/TestRcp.product -executables file:/c:/Project/bundlepool/target/features/org.eclipse.equinox.executable_3.6.0.v20140117-1004 -flavor tooling -configs ANY -append
Generation completed with success [0 seconds].

4. install the product to a destination
c:\Project\bundlepool>c:\Eclipse\env64\4.4m7_win64\eclipsec.exe -nosplash -console -consolelog -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -repository file:/c:/Project/Bundlepool/repository -installIU TestRcp.product -profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true -tag InitialState -profile TestRCPWin32 -roaming -destination c:/Project/Bundlepool/dest -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch x86_64
osgi> Installing TestRcp.product 1.0.0.qualifier.
Operation completed in 7304 ms.

this results in dest with these file:
- artifacts.xml
- content.xml
- dir: configuration
- dir: p2
- dir: plugins

but there is no launcher.

Can please somebody give me more hints.
I am still not really sure, i know what i am doing Smile

Do i need this intermediate repository?
What is missing to get the launcher?

cu
Frank

Previous Topic:Automatically executing OSGI bundles commands
Next Topic:Setting an environment variable from p2.inf?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:28:43 GMT 2024