Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse 4.4.0M7 and formatting settings(Eclipse formatter works different from 4.3.x to 4.4.0M7)
Eclipse 4.4.0M7 and formatting settings [message #1346849] Sat, 10 May 2014 21:36 Go to next message
Zoey Miller is currently offline Zoey MillerFriend
Not sure if it's a bug, if it's I'll post in bug tracker eventually.

Same project specific settings after project cleanup make changes in the source, that were not present in the previous source (I'm talking only about formatter related changes).

The following are the most notables:
Removing trailing whitespace lines, it used to keep the lines to the last indented code. (I'm using "Remove trailing whitespace - Ignore empty lines" but I think it will keep more spaces than required to be on the same indentation that previous line.)
Indenting braces from try-catch where ARM is used.
Auto-formatting on save doesn't respect all rules (ignores "Remove trailing whitespace - Ignore empty lines").

Thanks for checking Very Happy
Re: Eclipse 4.4.0M7 and formatting settings [message #1350838 is a reply to message #1346849] Mon, 12 May 2014 21:08 Go to previous message
Zoey Miller is currently offline Zoey MillerFriend
This is working correctly: "Removing trailing whitespace lines, it used to keep the lines to the last indented code. (I'm using "Remove trailing whitespace - Ignore empty lines" but I think it will keep more spaces than required to be on the same indentation that previous line.)"
I found "On save action" specific parameters "Auto-formatting on save doesn't respect all rules (ignores "Remove trailing whitespace - Ignore empty lines")." is solved.

About the try-catch, same is happening to label and for.

http: //pbrd.co/1jkHdW4

Thanks Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2014 21:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:MAT fails to run inside Eclipse due to known seg fault - workarounds don't appear to work
Next Topic:Eclipse Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:20:39 GMT 2024