Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Creating patch takes over 5 minutes?
Creating patch takes over 5 minutes? [message #1339045] Wed, 07 May 2014 13:41 Go to next message
mr. burns is currently offline mr. burnsFriend
Hi,

yesterday I installed SVN Subversive in my Eclipse Kepler. Eclipse and Subversive have all updates installed. I use the CDT to create C programs.
I created a local repository and a new C project. I committed a base version to the repository. Then I changed one file and wanted to test the patch function of Subversive.
I selected Team->Create Patch... and it opens the 'Create Patch' window.
There I see my file where I did changes on.

If I click 'Finish' to create the patch a window with progressbar opens.
But no progress is visible. After 5 minutes the progress window disappears and the patch is finished.

The patch is OK, but I wonder why it takes over 5 minutes if only one file is to create a patch for?
Restarting Eclipse even with -clean option does not solve. Restarting the PC does also not help.

How can I speed up creating a patch?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 May 2014 13:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating patch takes over 5 minutes? [message #1355018 is a reply to message #1339045] Wed, 14 May 2014 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr. burns is currently offline mr. burnsFriend
Hi,

still need help on this topic - thanks!
Re: Creating patch takes over 5 minutes? [message #1361824 is a reply to message #1355018] Sat, 17 May 2014 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

It seems like your problem is very reproducible.

I suggest submitting a Bugzilla complete with a ZIP of the repro.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 14/05/2014 15:31, mr. burns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> still need help on this topic - thanks!
Re: Creating patch takes over 5 minutes? [message #1384953 is a reply to message #1355018] Tue, 03 June 2014 09:33 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
Hello!

It seems to be a bug and most likely it somehow is related to the used SVN connector. As a workaround I suggest you trying another connector (SVN Kit 1.8.x instead of SVN Kit 1.7.x, SVN Kit instead of JavaHL or JavaHL instead of SVN Kit-based one) depending on which one you're currently using.

If it doesn't help, then, like Ed suggested, most likely we will need the working copy archive to investigate the problem, since we can't reproduce the issue.
Previous Topic:Duplication occured
Next Topic:wrong resource URL appears in label on imported projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:13:49 GMT 2024