Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT exclude null labels from chart and legend
BIRT exclude null labels from chart and legend [message #1337178] Tue, 06 May 2014 19:08 Go to next message
Syed Shah is currently offline Syed ShahFriend
Hi

I am working on a dashboard and am stuck in one graph. Basically I am making a plot on below scenario

I have four towns that I am doing crime analysis in them. The four towns are A, B, C, D and My Town. On x axis, We have crime types like Burglary, Robbery, Murder etc..on y axis We are counting the number of crimes and we have put Towns in Y axis grouping (Legends)

Now here is the problem that I am facing. I want to plot my town on first series as a bar chart, and plot the rest of towns as a line graph in second series. For the first series (which is bar and only represented by my town), I wanted to only plot my town so I put the below expression in the y value series

if(row["Towns"] == 'My Town')
(
row["Crime Count"]
)

I wanted to see if my town is being plotted correctly so I check the graph. What I noticed was that I am also seeing the other towns in the legend and on the chart, they are not plotted but the gap between my town bar is so much that I realized that the graph is still taking the null towns into consideration

![enter image description here][1]

My question is that how can I make the above expression so that the legend only shows my town and the graph only plots my town for the first series. I want to hide the null labels/entries from legend and from graph

Thank You
Syed
Re: BIRT exclude null labels from chart and legend [message #1375670 is a reply to message #1337178] Fri, 23 May 2014 05:02 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What BIRT version are you using? I'll take a look.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Report Viewer JDBC Connection Issue (Access Denied)
Next Topic:xls export failing for large data Birt 2.6.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:59:20 GMT 2024