Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Smarthome: First Time
Smarthome: First Time [message #1336860] Tue, 06 May 2014 15:56 Go to next message
Xavi B. is currently offline Xavi B.Friend
Hi,

I'm very interested in this proyect but I have some problems and questions:

1- I followed instalation instructions from "Readme.md" but in the step 3 when I run "mvn clean install", return multiple errors.

2- I tried load the proyect in eclipse Indigo, with plugin Maven3, But when load the complete proyect, there are many errors of dependencies.

Tanks

Sorry for my english.
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1337403 is a reply to message #1336860] Tue, 06 May 2014 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Hi Xavi,

Are you trying to build a Smart Home solution/product yourself or are you rather looking for an existing solution that you want to use? If the latter, you might want to have a look at openHAB. If you want to build something new, please provide log excerpts and details about the errors that you experience.

Best regards,
Kai
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1339071 is a reply to message #1337403] Wed, 07 May 2014 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavi B. is currently offline Xavi B.Friend
Hi Kai

I'm building my own product/comunication protocol. My idea is integrat it on Eclipse Smarthome.

I don't know for where to start. Can you give me some tips?

Best regards,
Xavi
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1342086 is a reply to message #1339071] Thu, 08 May 2014 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xavi,

This still sounds to me as if you are rather looking for a solution that you can extend yourself to also support your protocol. This is can be done as a so-called binding.
You can find information on how to implement a binding for openHAB right here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/wiki/How-To-Implement-A-Binding
For Eclipse SmartHome itself, we are currently still working on defining new APIs for bindings (see other threads in this forum), that's why you won't find anything similar here right now.

Regards,
Kai
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1386955 is a reply to message #1336860] Mon, 23 June 2014 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Simig is currently offline Daniel SimigFriend
Hi,
I have recently tried to build and run the demo runtime, however I encountered some issues. Building with Maven went fine, but when trying to run the server, I see the following message:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.HttpServiceServlet cannot be cast to javax.servlet.Servlet

Interestingly, all of the debug messages for status updates are being printed in the terminal, and there a is warning: no default persistence service configured (I assume this is OK, but might give you a hint what's going on)
The Java version I am running is 1.7.0_60.
Do you have any guess what the problem might me?
Best,
Daniel
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1386984 is a reply to message #1386955] Mon, 23 June 2014 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Daniel,

You are right, the demo runtime is currently broken due to some recent changes in the target platform.
I actually do not want to spend time fixing it as I plan to setup a completely new demo, based on Concierge, Kura and other Eclipse projects. I guess I will best remove the current demo runtime for the time being.
If you want to see a working solution on the Eclipse SmartHome framework, you can have a look at https://github.com/openhab/openhab2.

Regards,
Kai
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1387107 is a reply to message #1386984] Tue, 24 June 2014 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Simig is currently offline Daniel SimigFriend
Hi Kai,

Thanks for your answer, I think it would be really useful if you could make this clear before the tutorial on the github homepage. When do you expect to finish with the new demo?

Best,
Daniel
Re: Smarthome: First Time [message #1391232 is a reply to message #1387107] Mon, 30 June 2014 16:17 Go to previous message
Hi Daniel,
I have updated the github readme accordingly.
The new demo is planned for JavaOne this year, i.e. end of September.
But to have a working demo, the openHAB2 build is working already and produces binary artefacts: https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2/

Best regards,
Kai
Previous Topic:Rules events based on JMS queue
Next Topic:OPC UA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:26:47 GMT 2024