Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites(Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites)
Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1334561] Mon, 05 May 2014 16:53 Go to next message
Arthanarisamy Annamalai is currently offline Arthanarisamy AnnamalaiFriend
On my Linux Ubuntu14.04 LTS X64 i was able to use Eclipse Kepler (4.3.2) SR2 with no issues until i updated it from all available sites, once after updating it never opens up.

To simulate it, tried to download the latest version from eclipse.org and updated it from all available sites freshly and it failed opening up this time too.

Logs are attached here with.
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 309.16KB, Downloaded 136 times)
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1335109 is a reply to message #1334561] Mon, 05 May 2014 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Which updates did you apply?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1335706 is a reply to message #1335109] Tue, 06 May 2014 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I chose update from all available sites after extracting Eclipse Kepler (4.3.2) SR2 tar file.
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1337352 is a reply to message #1335706] Tue, 06 May 2014 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Unfortunately there's really no way to diagnose this from what I see in the log file, other than you had log entries from Subclipse at the start of the log, and P2 indicated that "Your original request has been modified" along with ""Mylyn Task List" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead", and a lot of messages complaining about newer versions that what was requested already being installed.

Which file did you download and use to reproduce the problem?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1338120 is a reply to message #1337352] Wed, 07 May 2014 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for taking your time and diagnosing it. Yes, as you have mentioned logs gives information about newer version is already present.

Let me explain what i did, I was using Eclipse Kepler for quite some time and thought of checking for updates, Help -> Install New Software -> <chose all available sites> from the drop down.Selected All, after which it prompted me to accept license agreement for few updates, which i did as well. Pop up opened asking me to confirm on restart Eclipse to have changes effected and Eclipse didn't opened up then after confirming.

To check this, downloaded a new copy of Eclipse Kepler (4.3.2) SR2 and did the same mentioned above, and was able to see the same behavior, popped up requesting to restart and on click of OK, never opened up.

Will any other logs help in diagnosing it? If yes please let me know, will try to get them.
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1338323 is a reply to message #1338120] Wed, 07 May 2014 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I get the part where you've mentioned Kepler SR2, but which tar file exactly?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1338332 is a reply to message #1338323] Wed, 07 May 2014 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I meant the downloaded eclipse only.
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1338988 is a reply to message #1338332] Wed, 07 May 2014 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
What Nitin is trying to get an answer for is, which package of Eclipse did you start with? Kepler (SR2) is the version of the release, but Eclipse comes in a variety of packages such as "Eclipse Standard", "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers", etc. Which of those did you download?
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1340491 is a reply to message #1338988] Thu, 08 May 2014 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologize for not understanding it. Sad
I am using "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers".
Re: Eclipse doesn't come up after updating from all available sites [message #1340874 is a reply to message #1340491] Thu, 08 May 2014 08:05 Go to previous message
I am not sure whether the attached log file might help or not, enabled console log while starting eclipse and have copied to the attached file.
Previous Topic:Need Help !! the emulator crashes !!
Next Topic:New to program and lost.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:55:06 GMT 2024