Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » TreeViewer::setInput() -> UI timeout
icon9.gif  TreeViewer::setInput() -> UI timeout [message #1328144] Fri, 02 May 2014 14:38 Go to next message
Stephan Picker is currently offline Stephan PickerFriend
I'am implementing a TreeViewer, but I noticed that every time I set the input via setInput() - even with setInput(null) - the mouse Cursor flickers and shows the loading/wait icon.

This is extremely annoying, because in my application the input gets reset very often.

When refreshing the whole table everything is fine.

I also implemented a completely plain new TableViewer with only a simple content-provider attached, but the problem remains. Is this problem internal to JFace?

[Updated on: Sat, 03 May 2014 15:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TreeViewer::setInput() -> UI timeout [message #1397096 is a reply to message #1328144] Wed, 09 July 2014 07:37 Go to previous message
Hussein MHANNA is currently offline Hussein MHANNAFriend
Hi,

If you haven't a very big model, then please check your ContentProvider because the result you get is strange.

And if you have a very big model, then you can use the stlye SWT.VIRTUAL with your TableViewer. See the example here.

If you have only one element that must be updated, then you can use the update method (update(Object element, String[] properties)) by passing the model object as the first parameter and null as the second parameter.

Hussein

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:TreeViewer::setInput() -> UI timeout
Next Topic:Some errors from Jface...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:39:07 GMT 2024