Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Support for rpc encoded style web services
Support for rpc encoded style web services [message #1325618] Thu, 01 May 2014 09:44 Go to next message
Otmar Caduff is currently offline Otmar CaduffFriend
I have been given a WSDL with the following definitions (excerpt):

<soap:binding style="rpc" transport="[http transport*]"/>

and
<soap:body encodingStyle="[soap encoding stile*]" namespace="[client spcific details left out]" use="encoded"/>

Renownedly, Webservice integreation in a Scout application is supposed to be done using JAX-WS, however, JAX-WS does not seem to support this scheme:
(see question 412772 on stackoverflow.com*)

This apparingly still holds true for JAX-WS 2.2.

That post proposes using Axis. However, I know that Axis is not supported in a Scout environment.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

*since I have posted fewer than 5 messages, eclipse.org prevents me from using links to sites other than elcipse.org... sorry for that
Re: Support for rpc encoded style web services [message #1325633 is a reply to message #1325618] Thu, 01 May 2014 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi Otmar

What is the problem on your side? This tutorial JAX-WS Hello World Example RPC Style explains how to build an JAX-WS (Version 2.2.4) Endpoint and Client RPC Style. Doesn't this work for you?

Greetings
Stephan
Re: Support for rpc encoded style web services [message #1325648 is a reply to message #1325633] Thu, 01 May 2014 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Otmar Caduff is currently offline Otmar CaduffFriend
Hi Stephan

Thanks for your quick reply!

The subtle difference is in the WSDL: use="literal", which is supported by JAX-WS vs. use="encoded" which isn't.

I can generate stubs using Axis, but I'm not sure whether that's the way to go. JAX-WS complains:

parsing WSDL...

[ERROR] "Use of SOAP Encoding is not supported.
SOAP extension element on line 88 in file:/C:/[...] has use="encoded" "

Otmar
Re: Support for rpc encoded style web services [message #1325713 is a reply to message #1325648] Thu, 01 May 2014 10:45 Go to previous message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Just to be clear. Which style of WSDL should I use? says Quote:
Although it is legal WSDL, RPC/encoded is not WS-I compliant.

If your customer can't be persuaded to change to an other style you can find here an rather unorthodox solution for your problem.

Greetings Stephan
Previous Topic:Tree rappresentation in RAP and in SWT
Next Topic:Automatically adjust the size of a dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:06:23 GMT 2024