Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » run/debug configurations history(saving multiple configurations in history/favorites)
run/debug configurations history [message #1324307] Wed, 30 April 2014 18:23 Go to next message
This Guy is currently offline This GuyFriend
How do I get eclipse to save multiple run/debug configurations in the run history/favorites list?
In Preferences > Run/Debug > Launching, there is a checkbox that says "Remove terminated launches when a new launch is created." I unchecked this box, but eclipse still only saves the last run configuration.
When I select "Organize Favorites" and add the current config to the list, it gets deleted once I build and run another configuration.
I'm using eclipse keplar cdt on macbook pro. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: run/debug configurations history [message #1324441 is a reply to message #1324307] Wed, 30 April 2014 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The Preference you changed only affects how Launches are shown in the Debug view (specifically whether ones that were already terminated are removed from the view when you start a new one) and has nothing to do with the History of or Favorite Launch Configurations. What kind of configuration are you working with, marking as favorite, and/or seeing deleted?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Wed, 30 April 2014 19:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: run/debug configurations history [message #1329657 is a reply to message #1324441] Sat, 03 May 2014 08:05 Go to previous message
This Guy is currently offline This GuyFriend
These are configurations for very simple c++ code. I am taking an intro c++ course and my codes demonstrate simple uses of data structures, pointers, syntax, etc. In my windows version of eclipse, when i click the dropdown menu attached to the "Run" button (green circle with white right-pointing triangle), it shows several configurations that were recently run. In my mac version, it only ever shows the most recent configuration. Why is this, and how can i store more of the recent configs on my mac?
Previous Topic:I can't get the web services explorer to work
Next Topic:Cursorposition in Files when using Tasks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:09:24 GMT 2024