Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How can I create a new Process type?
How can I create a new Process type? [message #1323800] Wed, 30 April 2014 12:51 Go to next message
Marcelo F. Terenciani is currently offline Marcelo F. TerencianiFriend
Hi everyone,

I'm extending the BPMN2Modeler to adapt it to vrBPMN (variant-rich BPMN) notation. For this, I would like to create a new process type ("MyProcess"), so that the elements I'll extend stay in the new process .

Please, let me know how to make this.

Best Regards.

Marcelo
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1352329 is a reply to message #1323800] Tue, 13 May 2014 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,

I'm extending the BPMN2Modeler to adapt it to vrBPMN (variant-rich BPMN) notation. For this, I would like to create a new type of process diagram (for example, Process Variability Diagram), so that the elements I'll extend stay in the new type of process diagram.

How to make this?

Best Regards.

Marcelo
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1355699 is a reply to message #1352329] Wed, 14 May 2014 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Marcelo,

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I'm in the middle of some major rework of the editor which won't be available until sometime in the middle of June.

Also, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're trying to do by introducing your own Process object. What I think you are saying is that whenever the editor creates a new Process element, you want it to be one of your "MyProcess" objects (which may or may not subclass the BPMN2 model's Process type). If this is the case, I'm not sure this is going to be possible. What is possible is to extend the BPMN2 Process type and add your own attributes and elements.

It would help if you could provide more details about what you're trying to do.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1355885 is a reply to message #1355699] Wed, 14 May 2014 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm working with variability representation in business process. For this, it is necessary to extend some elements to "Business Process Diagram",
but I would like the elements, along with extended stay in a new diagram type "Diagram of variability."

In other words, would be an extension of the process diagram, however I would like to created another type of diagram.

Do you understand me?

Best Regards,
Marcelo
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1357357 is a reply to message #1355885] Thu, 15 May 2014 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Renan Debortoli Landim is currently offline Renan Debortoli LandimFriend
Hi Robert,

I'll try to explain with more details what my friend is trying to say.
First vrBPMN is model proposed by Schnieders & Puhlmann based on the BPMN 2.0 notation, and it's purpose is to add variability points in a process model by adding VarPoints (points on the process where the variability occurs, generally Tasks), Variants (which is the possible solutions for a VarPoint) and Stereotypes (determine which kind of variation is being applied, like Inheritance, Extension, etc. by the VarPoint and the Variant).

Now, our problem is, we already created a new element base on your ScreenCast, the problem Marcelo is talking about is how to "link" this new element to a new vrBPMN diagram (based on your BPMN2 plugin diagram) and how can we extend a Process Diagram so we can created a vrBPMN diagram and link this new elements to it.

By the way, couldn't help but to notice you said major rework on the editor, will it impact in this work we are doing right now? Do you sugest we wait for the rework to be done?

Hope it explained our troubles.
Best Regards
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1358024 is a reply to message #1357357] Thu, 15 May 2014 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

I found the "Variability Mechanisms in E-Business Process Families" thesis by Schnieders and Puhlmann. I'll have a look at this to see what it is you're trying to do...

In the meantime, I'd recommend waiting until I'm done with the rework since it addresses a lot of the model extensibility issues.

Bob
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1364524 is a reply to message #1358024] Sun, 18 May 2014 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lobna Elloumi is currently offline Lobna ElloumiFriend
Dear Robert,
I'm a PhD student and my probematic adresses the problem of creating pattern from a set of process models modeled with the BPMN standard notation . My construction method is already published but i must now automate it. I am very interested to the BPMN2 Shocked plug-in on eclipse and i hope do my work on as extension to this plug in.
I need to know:
When the user guide will be available?
How can i generate executable plug-in?
When i create new model, the property tab doesn't appear if i create more than one element in the canvas. Do you find a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Lobna Elloumi
PhD student
Re: How can I create a new Process type? [message #1367297 is a reply to message #1364524] Mon, 19 May 2014 18:26 Go to previous message
Renan Debortoli Landim is currently offline Renan Debortoli LandimFriend
Hi Robert,

That is indeed the thesis I have as a base for this extension alongside with some Technical Reports from the PESOA Project, which is from Schnieders and Puhlmann, et al.
Thanks in advance for you reply, but I fear I don't have the time to wait for the rework to be done as I expected, the thing is, there is a way to extend the actual process diagram to create another type o diagram or I'll have to code some way out?

Thank you again Robert.
Best regards.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2014 20:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Impossible to create a SequenceFlow if the target is a Catch Event
Next Topic:BPMN 2.0 Metamodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:30:13 GMT 2024