Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data)(SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data))
SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1319701] Mon, 28 April 2014 10:32 Go to next message
Pawel Jakis is currently offline Pawel JakisFriend
Hi Everyone

I have implemented a ComboViewer that also uses content proposal (ContentProposalAdapter) functionality in Eclipse RCP application (using SWT). User is able to type first letter of e.g. a street and he gets all valid proposals e.g. streets that starts with 'Mac'. It works really great. Now I am facing additional problem. Number of data to show in this combo can be very big. Now I got almost 200000 records to show. Creating Combo element in GUI takes forever and it crashes my RCP application. I thought about introducing pagination control for this ComboViewer. I would like it to work very similar to this ExtJs solution:

dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.1/examples/form/forum-search.html

What I was able to find is Nebula Pagination Control (https://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/pagination/pagination.php) I found just examples where it is user in grid, but not in a combo. There is something like PageableTable, but it is something way different that I need (Although in here: dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/nebula-dev/msg01669.html it is said that it will copied from ContentProposalAdapter ) Does anyone have any example of combining pagination control with ComboViewer? Can Nebula component support this kind of functionality ?

cheers
Re: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1323747 is a reply to message #1319701] Wed, 30 April 2014 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi, isn't there a lazy combo viewer? (Jface)

Cheers

Wim
Re: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1323868 is a reply to message #1323747] Wed, 30 April 2014 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Hi, isn't there a lazy combo viewer? (Jface)

Hi.
I am not aware of any lazy combo viewer. I am not able to find any information online. Can you give me any direction (link or something) ?

cheers,
Pawel
Re: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1323887 is a reply to message #1323868] Wed, 30 April 2014 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
virtual & lazy viewers are only available for Item based control ==
Table & Tree

Tom

On 30.04.14 15:40, Pawel Jakis wrote:
> Quote:
>> Hi, isn't there a lazy combo viewer? (Jface)
>
>
> Hi. I am not aware of any lazy combo viewer. I am not able to find any
> information online. Can you give me any direction (link or something) ?
>
> cheers,
> Pawel
Re: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1323926 is a reply to message #1323887] Wed, 30 April 2014 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
virtual & lazy viewers are only available for Item based control

Thanks for the information. It is very similar to Nebula where it is allowed just for table and tree.

Pawel
Re: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) [message #1328356 is a reply to message #1323926] Fri, 02 May 2014 16:55 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Pawel we have the TableCombo widget [1].

Other that this, I am afraid we don't have what you are looking for. We would be very happy with such a contribution Wink [2]

Cheers,

Wim

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/tablecombo/tablecombo.php
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Nebula/Contributions
Previous Topic:GridTableViewer, go to line with "\n" ?
Next Topic:Xviewer autofocus and expand tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:13:56 GMT 2024