Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » TextElement foreground color = background color(e4 css issues)
icon5.gif  TextElement foreground color = background color [message #1313174] Thu, 24 April 2014 18:51
James Nelson is currently offline James NelsonFriend
I'm having difficulties with a TextElement in eclipse that has the same color for foreground and background; for the record, I'm trying to use a dark theme (with GTK in linux).

In my run configuration menus, the arguments tab are a solid wall of color (using CSS spy does nothing). Changes to the foreground or background color are ignored. I can see that the element is a org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.swt.dom.TextElement, but nothing I tweak can change its colors (even selecting text does not update the display). In a few other places (like launch configs), I've noticed the same behavior, but if I leave the menu on the tab I want to see, then close and reopen it, then the colors are set and the content is visible.

So, it looks like it may be a refresh / lack of redrawing issue, rather than a problem with the settings.

I didn't know if I should open a ticket or continue trying to find a magic setting to allow me to see the contents of these menus. For now, I'm stuck with click, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, paste in gedit, edit settings, ctrl+a, ctrl+c, paste back into window.

I'm at a loss to figure this one out, so any help at all is appreciated!
Previous Topic:How do i define and use my own renderer?
Next Topic:KeyBindings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:11:28 GMT 2024