Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Line height in editor apparently changing randomly(The editor line height changes without apparent reason.)
Line height in editor apparently changing randomly [message #1312529] Thu, 24 April 2014 10:48 Go to next message
Luis Martin is currently offline Luis MartinFriend
I'm working with PHP on Eclipse. If you check out the screenshot I've attached, you'll see that I have open two files and I've split the editor to display them both. But each one has a different line-height. Why??

The fact is I'd like to use the right one, where readability is better because the code lines are not too compressed.

What might be happening and how could I fix it to use the settings on the right one?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Line height in editor apparently changing randomly [message #1775248 is a reply to message #1312529] Thu, 26 October 2017 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Jones is currently offline Jeff JonesFriend
I have the same problem. I'm guessing that I'm doing some odd keys and it's changing the line-height/line-spacing for this particular file in the editor. I can close the file, close eclipse and it remembers the settings.

The only way I found to fix it (other than deleting the workbench.xmi file and losing any other settings) was to go into Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Color and Fonts > Basic > Text Font and edit the font.

First thing is to remember the name of the current font and size. I selected a different font and applied the changes (Select, Apply) and then went back and did the same but selected the original font and applied the changes. That restored the line-height/line-spacing to the default.

Hope that helps anyone who might run into the same problem.
Re: Line height in editor apparently changing randomly [message #1775249 is a reply to message #1312529] Thu, 26 October 2017 18:19 Go to previous message
Jeff Jones is currently offline Jeff JonesFriend
OK - I think I found out (more or less) what's causing the different line-height/line-spacing. It's because there is some strange non-printing text in the file.

If you look through the file you'll see a small box where the strange character is. My file had a [0003] .

I deleted that character, closed the file and opened it up again - end of problem.

Previous Topic:PHP Code that worked before has stopped working
Next Topic:How to setup PHP project using Eclipse Remote System Explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:08:38 GMT 2024