Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT designer questions
BIRT designer questions [message #1310906] Wed, 23 April 2014 13:22 Go to next message
Syed Shah is currently offline Syed ShahFriend
Hi,

I have few questions regarding using BIRT

1) Is there any google map available for BIRT designer

2) If I use BIRT designer pro and deploy the reports for customers, do they need to buy any license?

3) Are the BIRT reports only for personal use or can we use for commercial purpose too? for example if a small company want to use BIRT to see their sales etc?

What are any other costs associated with BIRt if used for commercial/corporate purpose?

Syed

Re: BIRT designer questions [message #1313375 is a reply to message #1310906] Thu, 24 April 2014 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Kacandes is currently offline Peter KacandesFriend
Hi Syed,

Yes, you can certainly incorporate Google maps into BIRT reports via the JSAPI.

It depends on how you deploy the reports for customers. If you want to use an iHub server as part of your deployment architecture to manage your app and provide scalability and security among other benefits of iHub, then there are definitely licensing costs associated with that.

Most BIRT reports are used for commercial purposes rather than for personal projects.

The specifics of licensing for commercial BIRT depend on various aspects of the application and deployment. You should have a conversation with Actuate sales to describe your proposed application, and then they can assist you with understanding options for licensing.

You can call the general number at +1-888-422-8828, or submit an inquiry via the web to have someone get back in touch with you: http://www.actuate.com/info/uscontactus/

cheers,

Peter K.
Re: BIRT designer questions [message #1316990 is a reply to message #1313375] Sat, 26 April 2014 21:40 Go to previous message
Syed Shah is currently offline Syed ShahFriend
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply. Do you have any example/tutorial on how to incorporate google maps into BIRT using JSAPI. After analyzing in detail, we have decided that we will go for the free edition of BIRT (Eclipse BIRT) and will need to find ways of incorporating differnt charts using the free edition of BIRT. I will appreciate if you could guide me a bit more

Regards
Syed
Previous Topic:How do I initialize a Multi-dimensional Array in BIRT?
Next Topic:Transposing data to show month-on-month variance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:23:39 GMT 2024