Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Representation of a hierarchical model
Representation of a hierarchical model [message #1310853] Wed, 23 April 2014 12:43 Go to next message
Marc Z is currently offline Marc ZFriend
Hi all,

I have an ecore model with an element X which is represented by a container in my design specification. This element X includes a set of sub-elements (the same elements as the actual model).

Is it possible to have a second representation which solely represents the sub-elements of the element X?
I have already managed to create a diagram for X (via a Navigation), but this diagram represents the same elements as the representation of the entire ecore model.

Regards,

Marc
Re: Representation of a hierarchical model [message #1311170 is a reply to message #1310853] Wed, 23 April 2014 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

I am not sure if I unterstood entirely your design, but I think that in your second representation (Diagram Description) the Domain Class should be the type of element X. Then you need a mapping with the Domain Class of your sub-element and the semantic candidate expression should be the containment feature of element X containing your sub-elements. Am I picturing the right design?

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Representation of a hierarchical model [message #1312656 is a reply to message #1310853] Thu, 24 April 2014 12:23 Go to previous message
Marc Z is currently offline Marc ZFriend
Hi Steve,

yes, your right. Thanks, your answer helped a lot.

Regards,

Marc
Previous Topic:Chat for collaborative modeling
Next Topic:java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:37:14 GMT 2024