Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse not running certain programs/Java SE crashing
Eclipse not running certain programs/Java SE crashing [message #1310045] Wed, 23 April 2014 02:06
Bobby Smith is currently offline Bobby SmithFriend
I've been using the Eclipse IDE for Java Developers all semester (since the end of Jan.) with no problems. All of a sudden over the weekend, any program I run that has some kind of window pop up as the output won't pop up said window at all. I thought maybe it was an issue with the program I was working on at the time, but I ran previously working programs that would pop up a window, to play a little robot game for example, and the window doesn't even show up. The program just runs and terminates with no errors or output. I know that my programs run fine because I was able to run them on another computer. Any program that has output in the console works just fine.

Here are the things I've tried to no avail:

1. Updating Java/Removing old versions of Java.
2. Removing and reinstalling Eclipse.
3. Creating a new workspace to consider the possibility of a corrupted workspace.
4. Restarting my computer countless times.

I've tried running them with a totally different IDE, and when I do, the Java SE Binary crashes and I have to restart the IDE. I've also tried installing a new IDE, Netbeans, but trying to run that installer crashes the Java SE Binary as well.

I'm running out of option here. Please help!
Previous Topic:Templates not working
Next Topic:How to use CTRL+C in Eclipse console?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:36:55 GMT 2024