Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode (can not connect to debugger in parallel debugging mode in PTP mpi c++ project)
gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode [message #1303542] Sat, 19 April 2014 09:55 Go to next message
R Su is currently offline R SuFriend
I installed gdb by macports in /opt/local/bin/, and codesigned in mac os mavericks system. when I use it to debug c++ project, there is no problem, but when I debug mpi c++ project in parallel mode, I got a connection error shown bellow:

Exception Stack Trace:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Cannot connect to debugger
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.debug.core.PSession.connectToDebugger(PSession.java:127)
atorg.eclipse.ptp.launch.ParallelLaunchConfigurationDelegate$DebuggerSession.run(ParallelLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:84)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Session Data:

eclipse.buildId=4.3.2.M20140221-1700
java.version=1.8.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.parallel.product -keyring /Users/sur/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.parallel.product -keyring /Users/sur/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

I was stuck with the problem couple of days , and tried hard to solve it by following the guide and searching online information, but failed.

Your timely assistance will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2014 00:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode [message #1304922 is a reply to message #1303542] Sun, 20 April 2014 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More information:

There is no problem in Build and Run steps.

Parallel configuration is IBM platform MPI.

No routing file is created in the project debug directory and no .eclipse_keyring in home directory.

Re: gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode [message #1304929 is a reply to message #1303542] Sun, 20 April 2014 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More information:

There is no problem in Build and Run steps.

Parallel configuration is IBM platform MPI.

No routing file is created in the project debug directory and no .eclipse_keyring in home directory.

Re: gdb debugger connection error in parallel debugging mode [message #1307260 is a reply to message #1304929] Mon, 21 April 2014 12:49 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
As mentioned at the top of this forum in a "sticky" post: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/161206/
Previous Topic:error 404
Next Topic:Create new Android app that searches
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:20:16 GMT 2024