Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!!(Desperate Help!!!)
Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1298610] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:30 Go to next message
Robbert Edward is currently offline Robbert EdwardFriend
I ve been fighting for almost 2 weeks to get Eclipse Working with C/C++ and Java programming, but with no luck at all Sad . read thousands of topics and comments..

ok I redownloaded Eclipse Kepler SE. installed MinGw, put gcc and g++ whatever...
but when i try to compile a simple Hello World it shows me 2 errors:

Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH... Mad

i have Windows Xp Sp3
I got Java installed latest update 7.50U or something like that...

how do i put theese enviroment variables? where do i put them? and what are they used for? why so many configuration needed in Eclipse???

Any help whould be appreciated....
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1298907 is a reply to message #1298610] Wed, 16 April 2014 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you follow these steps http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.cdt.doc.user/concepts/cdt_c_before_you_begin.htm?cp=9_0 ?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1576414 is a reply to message #1298610] Wed, 21 January 2015 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Smith is currently offline John SmithFriend
Hi everyone! I have an easy solution:
1) you need to go "windows\preferences\c/c++\build\environment"
2) then just click Add...
3) Set fields with the next values:
Name: PATH
Value: C:\MinGW\bin
where "C:\MinGW\bin" is your real path where mingw binaries are stored. (to make sure that you set the right path just go to this directory and find gcc.exe or g++.exe. if you find it it's ok.)
4) Choose "Append variables to native environment"
5) Press "Apply" and then "OK"

Now everything works fine.
Hope I helped someone.

P.S.
Sorry for my English.
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1700601 is a reply to message #1576414] Sat, 04 July 2015 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William Campbell is currently offline William CampbellFriend
Your English is far easier to understand than native speakers who assume a huge amount of knowledge.

I have followed your steps, but i have the following problems:

Problem pane:
Description Resource Path Location Type
Program "g++" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem
Program "gcc" not found in PATH Preferences, C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings] options C/C++ Scanner Discovery Problem
undefined reference to `WinMain' [project name] line 0, external location: C:\MinGW\x86_64-w64-mingw32\lib\libmingw32.a(lib64_libmingw32_a-crt0_c.o):crt0_c.c C/C++ Problem

A little red X symbol on the project in the Project explorer

When i choose Run/Run or Run/Debug, I get the error "Launching [project name].exe has encountered a problem., Program file does not exist.

Indeed the file does not exist at that location, and I have no idea how to put it there. Can anyone help please?

Thanks
icon14.gif  Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1714159 is a reply to message #1576414] Tue, 10 November 2015 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramas Sami is currently offline Ramas SamiFriend
Hi John,

I did follow exactly what you had mentioned, and have fixed my problem, now its working fine...thx
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1717154 is a reply to message #1576414] Thu, 10 December 2015 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ian carreno is currently offline ian carrenoFriend
I had similar issue on Kepler CDT for Linux. You solution is also work in Linux. Thanks!
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1720631 is a reply to message #1576414] Wed, 20 January 2016 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diana Kaviyani is currently offline Diana KaviyaniFriend
Confused How do you do that? How do you get there? So confused.
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1742232 is a reply to message #1576414] Thu, 01 September 2016 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gururaj Mulay is currently offline Gururaj MulayFriend
Thanks, John! it worked.
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1750698 is a reply to message #1720631] Mon, 26 December 2016 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl Chaundy is currently offline Karl ChaundyFriend
index.php/fa/27946/0/

A visual aid for John's solution - thanks John.
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1752942 is a reply to message #1700601] Tue, 31 January 2017 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Salitha Kaveendra Nanayakkara is currently offline Salitha Kaveendra NanayakkaraFriend
C++/Build/Settings/Discovery, [CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings]
tick this one
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1782389 is a reply to message #1576414] Thu, 22 February 2018 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alaa Eddine Choukri is currently offline Alaa Eddine ChoukriFriend
John u are a genius, very well spoken straight to the point.
thank u it worked
Re: Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH!!!!! [message #1842413 is a reply to message #1298610] Fri, 18 June 2021 05:50 Go to previous message
Vishvanath Doijad is currently offline Vishvanath DoijadFriend
I am using win7 OS. I ve been fighting for almost a month to get Eclipse Working with C/C++. read thousands of topics and comments..

I downloaded and reinstall Eclipse 10 times but didnt get anything (Now I think reinstall OS also, NuEclipse is Worst IDE I ever seen). installed MinGw, put gcc and g++ whatever...
but when i try to compile a simple Hello World it shows me 2/3 errors one by one.

1. Program file not found
2. Error: gdb --version
3. Program g++ and gcc NOT FOUND In PATH... Mad
4. Error i starting sequence

NuEclipse is Worst IDE I ever seen...Any help whould be appreciated....
Previous Topic:Inconsistent behavior for "drag and drop"
Next Topic:Generating .so library with C code.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:39:35 GMT 2024