Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Heap Analyzer(java.lang.OutofMemoryError:java heap space)
Heap Analyzer [message #1296974] Tue, 15 April 2014 10:34 Go to next message
som raj is currently offline som rajFriend
Hi ,

I have installed jre7 along with heap analyzer jar and (.phd heap dumps) and tried to generate the dumps, process went fine for a while and finally got error saying "java.lang.OutofMemoryError: java heap space".

I got 12 GB RAM.Which is more than enough for this.

Please provide any clues/Suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.
Re: Heap Analyzer [message #1312390 is a reply to message #1296974] Thu, 24 April 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
Are you actually using Memory Analyzer?
This doesn't have a single heap analyzer jar file - you run it using the MemoryAnalyzer command. (The IBM HeapAnalyzer has a single jar, but is a completely different tool).

Please can you give a more detailed description of what you are doing (are you opening an existing PHD, or generating a dump from inside MAT), the size of the PHD file you are analyzing, and a cut-and-paste copy of the error from the error log (Window > Error Log).

Andrew Johnson

Re: Heap Analyzer [message #1417379 is a reply to message #1312390] Fri, 05 September 2014 09:40 Go to previous message
Julius van is currently offline Julius vanFriend
I got this error too when using the 32 bit version with 32 bit Java 6 jre. Check your Memoryanalyzer.ini file and increase the Xmx setting to assign more memory to MAT.

The 32 bit version seems to be limited to around 1950mb (don't know why). If you use the 64 bit version of Memory Analyzer with a 64 bit JVM you can assign more memory. I am currently running MAT 64 bit with 6gb memory:

-vmargs
-Xmx6g
Previous Topic:Leak Suspects Report on Linux
Next Topic:Multithreading characteristics of MAT API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:19:35 GMT 2024