Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » how to club gef with eclipse?
how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217080] Thu, 01 June 2006 05:57 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: puneet82sri.sify.com

can any one tell me , what r the various ways
we can put gef with eclipse distribution..
i m making a plugin n using draw2d for drawing..
aprt frm adding the jars
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217088 is a reply to message #217080] Thu, 01 June 2006 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
The GEF 3.1 is available along with Eclipse 3.2 RC2 environment! However, if you'd want to ship it along with your product you would need to attest the jars along with your plugin products with their dependencies set
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217111 is a reply to message #217088] Thu, 01 June 2006 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

thnx
but if u can plz explain it more as i new to eclipse
n using 3.0.1

"attest the jars along with your plugin products with their dependencies set "
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217160 is a reply to message #217111] Thu, 01 June 2006 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravikanth Somayaji is currently offline Ravikanth SomayajiFriend
you can find the GEF plugins from the eclipse.org/gef site.
Once you've downloaded them, and placed them in your plugins directory under you eclipse folder, and have restarted your eclipse workspace with the clean mode, open the plugin.xml file in the project that you're creating, under the dependencies section, you'd need to select the GEF plugins.

While packaging and deploying, jus check whether the host system has GEF plugins, else, the same step needs to be repeated there as well!!
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217184 is a reply to message #217111] Thu, 01 June 2006 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: alex_blewitt.yahoo.com

Bear in mind that you need to use the version of GEF that's compatible with the version of your Eclipse workspace. In the case of Eclipse 3.0, I'm not even sure that GEF was around then :-) You might want to strongly consider upgrading to at least Eclipse 3.1, or even Eclipse 3.2 before doing this.

Alex.
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217248 is a reply to message #217160] Fri, 02 June 2006 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

While packaging and deploying, jus check whether the host system has GEF plugins, else, the same step needs to be repeated there as well!!

ok fine.. but once we are bundling gef with my plugin.. then whats the need for verifying, whether host system has gef or not..
thats what i m looking for that whether i can bundle gef(exact draw2d.jar) with my plugin.. n whether i hav to go for any licensing... as i m using the apis for drawing ie extending them..
Re: how to club gef with eclipse? [message #217256 is a reply to message #217184] Fri, 02 June 2006 05:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

thnx.
but we hav gef 3.0.1 that is compatible with my eclispe 3.0.2 n i hav to stick with this version only....
Previous Topic:how to add TabbedPropertySheetPage like wtp in my GEF project ?
Next Topic:Draw2D problems on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:34:34 GMT 2024