Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Platform Help, Info Center work OK, Standalone does not(Standalone generates "unable to locate its companion shared library")
icon9.gif  Platform Help, Info Center work OK, Standalone does not [message #1292486] Fri, 11 April 2014 21:28 Go to next message
Elizabeth McLoughlin is currently offline Elizabeth McLoughlinFriend
I have been able to install Eclipse Kepler, add my Help jar to the plugins folder and the help appears in the Help>Help Contents window. I can also launch an Info Center with the same results. However, I cannot get Standalone help to launch. I get the oft-received message, "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library".

I'm running under Windows 7 Pro, SP1. I have a 64-bit PC, but am running Eclipse as a 32-bit app (I installed the 32-bit platform). Java is 32-bit as well, 1.6.0_37.

I've searched for the above message and people say it might be an unzip error, but since Eclipse runs and help works under two conditions, I don't think this is it. Just in case I have extracted using WinZip and JZip with no difference. I've also ensured the files as correctly named in the eclipse.ini file.

My install in located under C:\EclipseInformationCenter\eclipse. I don't know if that's too long a name?

I've followed the instructions found under:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fua_help_setup_infocenter.htm
I've even tried the minimal version, too.

I would appreciate any help with this.
Re: Platform Help, Info Center work OK, Standalone does not [message #1296184 is a reply to message #1292486] Mon, 14 April 2014 21:53 Go to previous message
Elizabeth McLoughlin is currently offline Elizabeth McLoughlinFriend
I started again - deleted everything, created a C:\EclipseStandAloneHelp folder, installed the 64-bit Java and Eclipse, and launched it as stand-alone help. That worked! Yaeh! However, when I tried to make it a minimal installation, that's when it failed again as described previously. I'd like to minimize this. Is the documentation wrong? Or am I not doing something I should?
Previous Topic:ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace(); failed in eclipse
Next Topic:Custom xml creator with DND
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:31:34 GMT 2024