Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » How can RSE use a specific key for a connection
How can RSE use a specific key for a connection [message #1291056] Thu, 10 April 2014 17:22 Go to next message
David C is currently offline David CFriend
I've set up my ssh_config file to include the identity file for each connection and works fine in the terminal. I have also created ssh connections for all of my sites in RSE.

The problem is that if there are too many sites configured in RSE for a given server's configuration then an error is produced and I cannot log in. It looks like RSE doesn't use the ssh_config file but connects and offers the key files one after the other until a match is found or an error occurs.

If on the server the max auth tries option is set to 5 tries for example, the server will return an error on the 6th site configured in RSE. I dont really want to increase the server limits and it seems like I should be able to somehow have RSE assign specific keys. If not, is there any other way to do this?
Re: How can RSE use a specific key for a connection [message #1385999 is a reply to message #1291056] Thu, 12 June 2014 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Johnson is currently offline Ben JohnsonFriend
I opened a bug report about this months ago: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=434443 . No action on it yet. Perhaps you could express your concerns there and generate additional momentum. It seems like a pretty serious flaw to me.
Re: How can RSE use a specific key for a connection [message #1386600 is a reply to message #1385999] Wed, 18 June 2014 14:28 Go to previous message
Ben Johnson is currently offline Ben JohnsonFriend
David C, I just wanted to let you know that the official contributors have taken notice of my above-cited bug report and there has been action -- in particular, several proposed methods for fixing the problem.

I haven't tried any of them yet (the reply was just posted), but I'd be curious to see if any of the proposed solutions fixes this in your particular case.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=436353#c5

[Updated on: Wed, 18 June 2014 14:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems connecting to the dstore on linux
Next Topic:RSE Browse a mounted point
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:29:47 GMT 2024