Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » hidden objects take up space
hidden objects take up space [message #1288635] Tue, 08 April 2014 18:48 Go to next message
Marc Arbour is currently offline Marc ArbourFriend
Hi,

I am startled by the fact that hidden objects take up space even when hidden. The content below doesn't come up in the report, it stays at the bottom as designed.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Re: hidden objects take up space [message #1288849 is a reply to message #1288635] Tue, 08 April 2014 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

What version of BIRT are you using and what is your design like? Are you setting fixed sizes to rows of tables or grids?

If you know if you'll hide these elements based on a parameter or something that you can know before accessing data, you could drop the elements from the report in the beforeFactory instead.

Let me know.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: hidden objects take up space [message #1289550 is a reply to message #1288849] Wed, 09 April 2014 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

I am using BIRT 4.3.2

The elements are hiden in html view but are required in all other. I don't know if this tells me if I know before hand, but I am interested in learning about the beforaFactory thing.

As for fixed row height or not, my guess if it's fixed at 3.16 inches for I have no choice to make it dynamic. Is this what the whitespace options are for, I have a choice of auto, mo wrapping, mormal or preformatted.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc
Re: hidden objects take up space [message #1300646 is a reply to message #1289550] Thu, 17 April 2014 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have checked for different settings and possibilities within Eclipse's BIRT designer to no avail.

If someone could shed light on my mysterious question, I would very much appreciate.

Best regards

Marc Arbour
Re: hidden objects take up space [message #1300664 is a reply to message #1300646] Thu, 17 April 2014 18:49 Go to previous message
Mike Wulkan is currently offline Mike WulkanFriend
If the height field has a value then it is fixed. You can delete the value and just have a blank in the height field and then it will auto size to the contents.
Previous Topic:Tables respect __timezone but charts do not!
Next Topic:Custom Axes and Line Plotting in the Chart API
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:57:56 GMT 2024