Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » tcl debugging with dltk
tcl debugging with dltk [message #20867] Tue, 04 March 2008 21:34 Go to next message
Michael Grove is currently offline Michael GroveFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
hi,

i happened across the DLTK plugins a few days ago and am thrilled at the
prospect of tcl debugging support in eclipse. i downloaded the 0.9.2
version of DLTK and am trying to configure tcl debugging. i couldn’t find
any documentation on how to do this, but based on this post -
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dltk-dev/msg00035.html - gathered
that i need to install a tcl debugging engine separately from the DLTK
install in order to debug a tcl app. is that correct?

i downloaded a 21 day trial of ActiveState’s Tcl Dev Kit but don’t see a
file named dbgp_tcldebug.exe, which the aforementioned post identified as
the debugger to use with DLTK. selecting C:\TclDevKit\bin\tcldebugger.exe
didn’t work.

which tcl debugger engines has DLTK been tested with, and what are the
associated debugging engines to use with DLTK? is there any documentation
i missed on how to set this up?

thanks.

-mike
Re: tcl debugging with dltk [message #20885 is a reply to message #20867] Thu, 06 March 2008 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitriy Kovalev is currently offline Dmitriy KovalevFriend
Messages: 14
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Michael,

Please use this link
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/RemoteDebu gging

Dmitriy

Michael Grove wrote:
> hi,
>
> i happened across the DLTK plugins a few days ago and am thrilled at the
> prospect of tcl debugging support in eclipse. i downloaded the 0.9.2
> version of DLTK and am trying to configure tcl debugging. i couldn�t
> find any documentation on how to do this, but based on this post -
> http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/dltk-dev/msg00035.html - gathered
> that i need to install a tcl debugging engine separately from the DLTK
> install in order to debug a tcl app. is that correct?
>
> i downloaded a 21 day trial of ActiveState�s Tcl Dev Kit but don�t see a
> file named dbgp_tcldebug.exe, which the aforementioned post identified
> as the debugger to use with DLTK. selecting
> C:\TclDevKit\bin\tcldebugger.exe didn�t work.
>
> which tcl debugger engines has DLTK been tested with, and what are the
> associated debugging engines to use with DLTK? is there any
> documentation i missed on how to set this up?
>
> thanks.
>
> -mike
>
>
Re: tcl debugging with dltk [message #21694 is a reply to message #20885] Thu, 13 March 2008 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Grove is currently offline Michael GroveFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
thanks, that worked great. i did notice that with that debugger i'm not
able to introspect lists or arrays in the Variables view. is that a
limitation of the debugger or the DLTK plugins?
Re: tcl debugging with dltk [message #21739 is a reply to message #21694] Thu, 13 March 2008 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrei Sobolev is currently offline Andrei SobolevFriend
Messages: 72
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Michael,

> thanks, that worked great. i did notice that with that debugger i'm not
> able to introspect lists or arrays in the Variables view. is that a
> limitation of the debugger or the DLTK plugins?
>
Arrays and list are supported.
Could you please create a bug report with screenshot in Eclipse bug tracker for DLTK project.

Best regards,
Andrei Sobolev.
Re: tcl debugging with dltk [message #21784 is a reply to message #21739] Thu, 13 March 2008 13:35 Go to previous message
Michael Grove is currently offline Michael GroveFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
submitted https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=222564, thanks. i
found it wasn't a general list/array problem, any variable name beginning
with 'args' will not display in the Variables view.
Previous Topic:Accessing a Java Plugin from DLTK
Next Topic:Signature change for IBuildpathContainer.getBuildpathEntries()
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat May 25 18:36:51 GMT 2024

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top