Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Trying to nest a static web project in eclipse
Trying to nest a static web project in eclipse [message #1284548] Fri, 04 April 2014 15:53 Go to next message
Dan Hattar is currently offline Dan HattarFriend
I have a client who has their main site and a few Facebook related resources. The project is delivered in the following format:

+ css
+ images
+ index.htm
+ other.htm
+--facebook
   + css
   + images
   + page.htm

We were hoping to keep the Facebook crap in a separate static web project but still deliver the site in the structure above. I attempted to do this using two static web projects configured to deploy to the same local Apache server.

The Facebook project has a context root of /facebook but for some reason that folder is never created when I publish. I tried setting the deploy path to facebook but that also doesn't help. The only thing I can figure is that possibly the Facebook project is published first and then its contents are erased and overwritten by the other core project.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible or should I just stuff the facebook folder in the core project and suck it up?
Re: Trying to nest a static web project in eclipse [message #1284587 is a reply to message #1284548] Fri, 04 April 2014 16:55 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the Web Tools forum.
Previous Topic:SSE ITextHover Extension
Next Topic:Extending WTP XSD editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:17:35 GMT 2024