Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit with GitBlit(double folder)
EGit with GitBlit [message #1282471] Wed, 02 April 2014 11:03 Go to next message
Alain Roger is currently offline Alain RogerFriend
Hi,

i installed yesterday EGit in Eclipse 4.3.2.
I use GitBlit 1.4.1 on my NAS and it works well, however i have a simple question.

Firstly, i have to say that i contacted the support of GitBlit and they said it's a common topic on Eclipse side... i don't care where is the problem i just want to solve it and to understand what i can do to make it like i want...

i have a GIT repository as following Web > Test and i have a PHP project called test2 for example.

Now i would like to have all files and directories from PHP Porject called Test2 in Test (root for GIT).

However when i commit it, i get in GIT respository: Web > Test > Test2 > "my files and folders" instead of having Web > Test > "my files and folders".

So what should i do to get it well done as the project name is not necessary relevant on local computer (that i use to develop).

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2014 11:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EGit with GitBlit [message #1282808 is a reply to message #1282471] Wed, 02 April 2014 20:16 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Alain Roger skrev 2014-04-02 13.03:
> Hi,
>
> i installed yesterday EGit in Eclipse 4.3.2.
> I use GitBlit 1.4.1 on my NAS and it works well, however i have a simple question.
>
> Firstly, i have to say that i contacted the support of GitBlit and they said it's a common topic on Eclipse side... i don't care where is the problem i just want to solve
> it and to understand what i can do to make it like i want...
>
> i have a GIT repository as following Web > Test and i have a PHP project called test2 for example.
>
> Now i would like to have all files and directories from PHP Porject called Test2 in Test (root for GIT).
>
> However when i commit it, i get in GIT respository: Web > Test > Test2 > "my files and folders" instead of having Web > Test > "my files and folders".
>
> So what should i do to get it well done as the project name is not necessary relevant on local computer (that i use to develop).

EGit follows the file/folder structure. Currently the .git folder must be in the same folder as your project or above
to work properly, i.e if you create the PHP project in the Test2 folder, I think it'll work for you.

You can have a project higher up also, but the support for nested projects is somewhat shaky.

-- robin
Previous Topic:Execute Aliases From EGit UI
Next Topic:Clone Gist failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:59:37 GMT 2024