Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [Zest] - order in which GraphNode and GraphConnections are drawn
[Zest] - order in which GraphNode and GraphConnections are drawn [message #1281776] Tue, 01 April 2014 10:37 Go to next message
Mikael Stolpe is currently offline Mikael StolpeFriend
Greetings,

I'm having some problems with how the nodes and connections are currently rendered.
As it is now I get the feeling that connections are always drawn below the nodes, regardless in what order they are added.
What I need is to either have the connections always drawn above nodes or if I could simply control the order they are drawn myself it would suffice.

I've been trying to implement some workaround this, either by using the Control.moveAbove (this seem futile since from what I can tell nodes and connections aren't composites) or by controlling the order they are added to the canvas (this also seems futile because how they are added is currently hidden inside the Zest framework).

Is there something I've missed which I can use to create a workaround this issue.

Any help is appreciated, even if it is a simple clue.

With Regards,
Mikael
Re: [Zest] - order in which GraphNode and GraphConnections are drawn [message #1281903 is a reply to message #1281776] Tue, 01 April 2014 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi Mikael,

if I recall correctly, Draw2D (the vector library used inside Zest) presents all edges above the nodes in a separate layer. However, even if it is configurable, the Zest API does not offer programmatic support for changing this setting.

I am sorry, but I don't think your use case can be easily supported by Zest.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Re: [Zest] - order in which GraphNode and GraphConnections are drawn [message #1419765 is a reply to message #1281903] Tue, 09 September 2014 04:01 Go to previous message
Kent Xu is currently offline Kent XuFriend
Connection and node are drawn on two different layers. In fact, there are 6 layers and connection is the one on the bottom. You can check out ZestRootLayer class. This freeformlayer class is hardwired, in addition, it is internally instantiated by zest GraphViewer.
Previous Topic:Under which circumstances can an existing EditPart be absent from the registry?
Next Topic:[ZEST] custom layout class access restriction
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:15:06 GMT 2024