Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build(Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build)
icon14.gif  Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1281652] Tue, 01 April 2014 06:38 Go to next message
Arshad Adavani is currently offline Arshad AdavaniFriend
Hi all,
I have 2 xtext grammars with language extensions .model1 and .model2. I have used the concept of cross references i.e. some of the elements of .model1 are referenced in .model2.

So, now I have 2 editors for .model1 and .model2. When I edit and save .model2 editor I get all the cross referenced values properly in the generators. But when I clean build a project these references are null resulting in wrong outputs from the generators.

Can someone suggest me some hints for this ?

Thanks in advance for your help Smile

Arshad
Re: Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1281686 is a reply to message #1281652] Tue, 01 April 2014 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

please give us more context: where do you get the NPE? Stackstrace?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
icon5.gif  Re: Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1281743 is a reply to message #1281686] Tue, 01 April 2014 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arshad Adavani is currently offline Arshad AdavaniFriend
Hi Christian,

1. We do not get a NPE.
2. Array-instances of referenced objects are null.
3. We try to expand the instances of array_size(defined in .model1) in .model2.

For E.g. In my .model2 editor I refer object of .model1 editor something like this:

someEntity_i[array_size]

Here someEntity_i is an object in .model2 editor and array_size is an object in .model1 editor which is used as a reference here. array_size has value associated with it say it is 3, So someEntity_i will be transformed to someEntity_1,someEntity_2,someEntity_3.

When I edit and save, this model is transformed correctly as I get correct value for array_size but when I clean build the project this reference i.e. array_size is null.

Any ideas on this ? And is IXtextBuilderParticipant of any use here ?

Thanks in advance Smile

Arshad
Re: Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1281766 is a reply to message #1281743] Tue, 01 April 2014 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still the question. Where are you in code. And what are you doing
there

--
Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext at itemis dot de

Re: Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1282490 is a reply to message #1281766] Wed, 02 April 2014 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peter luthardt is currently offline peter luthardtFriend
I had a simular issue.
The name of the refernced object was null.
I did not found the cause but I have artifacts in my dsl for which I create my own names using the Nameprovider. When I separated these artifact into another resource all worked fine.

Xtext 2.8.1
Re: Null references in Xtext when we do a clean build [message #1282512 is a reply to message #1282490] Wed, 02 April 2014 12:06 Go to previous message
In the Nameprovider you SHOULD NOT use any references. use the NodeModelUtil to get the written text if neccessary

Previous Topic:User-defined reusable type of properties and enumerations in "library" models
Next Topic:errors in MWE2 editor and Maven project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:27:21 GMT 2024