Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Unable to Remote Make(Running RSE over DStore, I am unable to make a "Hello World" project)
Unable to Remote Make [message #1281237] Mon, 31 March 2014 15:15 Go to next message
Ben Dzikowicz is currently offline Ben DzikowiczFriend
I've been using Eclipse for about an year, but this is my first time posting. Hopefully I put this in the right location.

I am using RSE to work on code remotely under Ubuntu 13.10 (on both machines) and connecting via DStore. I want to generate makefiles automatically and then run both the CDT and Scanner Configuration Builders so that I can more easily track my errors, like I do when working locally. Right now I am just testing this on a "Hello World" program.

When I go to build the project, the make files are generated correctly, but I get a "*** No rule to make target `all'." error. The make files (with the "all" target) are there and I can ssh over to the remote machine and build the project using "make all" and it makes correctly.

The problem is that when I do it this way, the errors are not marked in the editor and I have to keep switching from Eclipse to my remote terminal. That kind of nullifies the advantage of using Eclipse in the first place.

Note that I can turn off "Generate Makeiles Automatically", enter the correct remote path for the files and it will make properly, but I'd rather generate them automatically if possible.

Aside:
Either way, I can't seem to set up the "Run Configurations" to properly run the executable (I get NullPointer exceptions when I try and save them, possible bug?), but I've been working around that by opening a ssh terminal and running it from there.

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
Re: Unable to Remote Make [message #1282566 is a reply to message #1281237] Wed, 02 April 2014 13:57 Go to previous message
David McKnight is currently offline David McKnightFriend
As far as remote builds, error markers, and launch configurations, base-RSE does not provide any integration. There are however features that build on top of RSE - I know that the RDT, part of the PTP project, has some integration.
Previous Topic:Is the password encrypted when using the dstore
Next Topic:Problems connecting to the dstore on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:56:07 GMT 2024