Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT)
Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1281055] Mon, 31 March 2014 09:46 Go to next message
Marie-Christin Kloss is currently offline Marie-Christin KlossFriend
Hello,
I want to test the current version of my rcp software.
The older version I can easily test with Jubula.
I use the standalone version 7.2
I have (repeatedly) performed all steps of the eclipse documentation point 4.2.2.
The AUT is started properly and it is possible to press Observe, Object Mapping and start test Execcution.... just nothing happens.

Does anyone know what the problem is or even has a solution? Smile

Regards Marie
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1282365 is a reply to message #1281055] Wed, 02 April 2014 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Marie,

My initial thought for questions like this is that the RCP accessor is still not correctly installed. However, if the AUT is visible in the running AUTs view and you can object map etc, then I don't think that's the answer.

So let's see if we can get some more hints Smile
- is there anything in the logs?
- if you start test execution and wait for 10 minutes, does an error come?
- are you working on a remote desktop connection?
- can you post an image of the ITE when you have started the AUT (I'd just like to see the enablement of toolbar items, the status bar etc).
- has anything changed in the software itself? - what version of eclipse does it use? Have more plugins been added? Has anything in the start mechanism of the AUT been changed?
- what happens if you start the AUT via autrun? (bear in mind this issue though)

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1386116 is a reply to message #1282365] Fri, 13 June 2014 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hy Alex, sorry for the late reply, but because of some exams and other tasks at work, I haven´t time for my jubula project.

- the logs are empty

- it is not possible to start the execution. How you could see into the picture, the Button is chose able, but nothing happens.
If you press to the OM, Observing it worked a moment, the button become gray and after 0,5-2 Minutes it´s the same like the beginning.(Without doing what should)

- I´m not using a remote desktop

- My oldest program version works without any problems. If I´m updating this version, there is no problem, but if I want to install one of the newer one, there are the problems. After a update from eclipse Juno to Kepler it´s not possible to update my ATU, so I must install it new.
Maybe I have a mistake in my mind, but the only thing I have to do is:
- place the "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp_2.2.0.201310100933" into my plugin folder
- add into the confi.ini ",org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@start"
- connect the AUT in jubula

Best regards

Marie
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1386117 is a reply to message #1386116] Fri, 13 June 2014 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
  • Attachment: d.png
    (Size: 126.15KB, Downloaded 144 times)
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1386149 is a reply to message #1386117] Fri, 13 June 2014 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
I see that you've got your object mapping open. Have you verified that your component mappings are still the same as in the older version?
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1386280 is a reply to message #1386149] Mon, 16 June 2014 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes.
Normally the green frame appears around the component. But this don´t happend.
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1386320 is a reply to message #1386280] Mon, 16 June 2014 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Marie,

Based on your description and on the steps you took, it sounds like you need to make sure that the RCP accessor is correctly added. Specifically, steps 5 onwards are probably important here:
http://help.eclipse.org/kepler/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node328.html?cp=34_3_1_1

Let us know if that helps,
Alex
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1388997 is a reply to message #1386320] Fri, 27 June 2014 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
into the plugin Detail I see the "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp", "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common", "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swt", "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.e3" and "org.eclipse.jubula.rc.e3.specific" is starting.
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1400632 is a reply to message #1281055] Mon, 14 July 2014 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Byron Kooima is currently offline Byron KooimaFriend
Our team is having a similar issue with upgrading Jubula.

We started all of our development on Jubula 1.3 and recently installed Jubula 8 to gain some functionality.

Our AUT is an RCP plugin and we have followed all of the same steps we did in the past to place the rcp-support.zip contents in the plugins directory of our RCP AUT.

The initial issue we can see when we look at the plugin details of the AUT, the only plugin listed is org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp. The org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common is missing and we can not determine why.

From step 6 of the 4.2.2 in the User manual:
In the plugin details for your AUT , you should be able to see that the following plugins are started:
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common

Because we were unable to get this to work on our Indigo version of Eclipse, we went ahead and tried to follow the steps to just bring up a Kepler (4.3.1) Eclipse session. We were still unable to get Jubula to recognize the AUT.

We have attempted to use the embedded AUT startup in Jubula and the autrun.exe script with no success. Both of these options worked in our Jubula 1.3 session. The AUT log provides very little that would point us in the right direction.

Do you have any suggestions on where we can focus our effort to determine why Jubula will not recognize any of our Eclipse versions as a valid AUT?
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1401340 is a reply to message #1400632] Tue, 15 July 2014 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

The scenarios you mentioned are (at least as a simple test case) part of our nightly regression test, i.e. we start a bunch of Eclipse versions to see if the RCP accessor is working.

One thing that would explain the difficulties you experience is the installation/configuration area of RCP applications. If you start your AUT on the same machine/account without cleaning all files you may have an older version of the RCP accessor in the cache. Try starting your AUT with the -clean parameter of remove all artifacts by hand to get a clean run.

Let us know if something changes.

- Achim
Re: Cann´t test after a Software update(my AUT) [message #1402109 is a reply to message #1401340] Wed, 16 July 2014 14:36 Go to previous message
Byron Kooima is currently offline Byron KooimaFriend
Thanks Achim,

We were able to finally get Jubula to recognize all of our Eclipse AUTs.

We ended up extracting the extension-toolkit-rc.zip file from the development folder of Jubula. By extracting that file to our AUT plugins folder, all of the RCP jar files are finally where they needed to be.

After that, we just updated the config.ini file with ",org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp@start"
and Jubula was able to start the AUT every time.

It may have been a simple oversight on our part to do the extension extraction to our AUT, but the Jubula help made no mention of needing to do that.

Hopefully this information will be useful for others in the future.

-Byron
Previous Topic:Summer time - vacation time
Next Topic:Object Mapping doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:34:23 GMT 2024