Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » NatTable : Table level validations(How to validate all the rows in a NatTable grid upon a button click.)
NatTable : Table level validations [message #1278693] Thu, 27 March 2014 18:16 Go to next message
pawan kalyan kalyan is currently offline pawan kalyan kalyanFriend
I need to implement some table level validations for a NatTable grid. I am able to validate individual cells using "org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.nattable.data.validate.DataValidator" and I could do it only for text boxes using TextCellEditor (I could also highlight the cells by setting errorDecorationText for the text boxes which have validation errors).

Similarly, I need to validate certain combo boxes (drop down boxes) in a NatTable grid but not at a Cell level but at a table level. (like upon a button click, where there exists a button underneath a NatTable grid), Also, I need to highlight the combo box cells which have validation errors. Can somebody post any suggestions ?
Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Pavan Kalyan.
Re: NatTable : Table level validations [message #1278808 is a reply to message #1278693] Thu, 27 March 2014 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Steele is currently offline John SteeleFriend
Hi Pavan,

You need to attach a label to the cells that have validation errors, and then register a Style (perhaps with a background color or red/pink) under that same label.

Here's how you register the style:

public static final String CELL_ERROR = "invalid";
configRegistry.registerConfigAttribute(
			CellConfigAttributes.CELL_STYLE, 
			style, 
			DisplayMode.NORMAL, 
			CELL_ERROR);

You might also want to have a label accumulator, which will add the CELL_ERROR label to the cells that have an error.

Here's how you might do that:

natTableBodyDataLayer.setConfigLabelAccumulator(new IConfigLabelAccumulator() {
            @Override
            public void accumulateConfigLabels(LabelStack configLabels,
                    int columnPosition, int rowPosition) {
                    if (errorExistsOnCell (columnPosition, rowPosition)) {
			configLabels.addLabelOnTop(CELL_ERROR);
		    }
                }
            }
        });

Cheers!
Re: NatTable : Table level validations [message #1279062 is a reply to message #1278808] Fri, 28 March 2014 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

the above explanation is correct. What you need is some kind of weak validation, as hard validation will not allow to commit a value to the data model.

I wrote a blog post about this a while ago: http://blog.vogella.com/2013/03/02/crossweak-validation-in-nattable-by-dirk-fauth/

Greez,
Dirk
Re: NatTable : Table level validations [message #1464263 is a reply to message #1279062] Fri, 07 November 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ambuj bhargava is currently offline ambuj bhargavaFriend
Hi

I am able to use the validation on the cell.
I am using it in the way it is being used in the cross validation example by you.

class EventDataValidator extends DataValidator {
private IRowDataProvider bodyDataProvider;

EventDataValidator(IRowDataProvider bodyDataProvider) {
this.bodyDataProvider = bodyDataProvider;
}

@Override
public boolean validate(int columnIndex, int rowIndex, Object newValue) {

}

Here the problem I am facing is on clicking enter after the cell value is entered, the error message is not invoked immediately.
When I start entering the value in the new cell it gets invoked .

Can you please help
Re: NatTable : Table level validations [message #1464298 is a reply to message #1464263] Fri, 07 November 2014 11:58 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Have a look at _4451_CrossValidationGridExample in the NatTable example application. Maybe there is some mistake in the blog post that has been fixed there
Previous Topic:NatTable Auto Focus functionality
Next Topic:Minimum number of rows visible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:09:50 GMT 2024