Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Reconciling the document partitioner, reconcilers and resource builder
Reconciling the document partitioner, reconcilers and resource builder [message #1278464] Thu, 27 March 2014 11:20
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
Hello. I see a couple of tutorials which teach using document partitioner and presentation reconciler to color the text in your Editor. However, this implies that I implement the text parser in the Eclipse (very trivial one, based on IRules), whereas I already have my fully-fledged parser, which has nothing to do with Eclipse. How do I incorporate it into my plug-in?

My question is not jdt specific actually, but I ask this general question because Eclipse community seems have no slightest idea about the purpose of all those technologies (resource InternalBuilder/IncrementalBuilder, IReconciler and DocumentPartitioner/PresentationReconciler): how can they exploit my parser and synchronize with each other? I ask here because JDT seems a highly ended plugin, where people should have answered this question. Should I reverse-engeneer the code or you can outline the policy in few words?
Previous Topic:Null Analysis and Unit Tests
Next Topic:Writing unit tests for JUnit launches
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:06:07 GMT 2024