Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » That old "Hello World!"(Symbol 'xxx' could not be resolved.)
That old "Hello World!" [message #1278074] Wed, 26 March 2014 21:36 Go to next message
Pete Clegg is currently offline Pete CleggFriend
New to Eclipse Kepler and setting up a windows 7 system to run with MinGW. All works with C++ with the exception that I cannot get rid of

Symbol 'cout' could not be resolved
Symbol 'endl' could not be resolved
Symbol 'std' could not be resolved

errors appearing whenever I start this

//HelloWorld.cpp
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main ()
{
cout << "Hello World" << endl;
return 0;
}

project, or any other, from scratch. The errors go away as soon as I save the file, clean or build but they just annoy me and I've spent way more hours on solving this than I should. Have tried everything I've read in the many threads on the subject but to no avail. I note that if I save or clean the file at any point before <iostream> and then continue typing then the errors still occur. However, if I save or clean immediately after <iostream> then the errors do not occur when I continue typing.

It's as though the act of saving or building allows <iostream> to be found and yet all my includes seem to be correct. Any ideas greatly appreciated as I've now run out of things to try.
Re: That old "Hello World!" [message #1278499 is a reply to message #1278074] Thu, 27 March 2014 12:19 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Moving this to the CDT forum.
Previous Topic:Invalid Win32 Program with Eclipse Kepler and MinGW
Next Topic:Commit files within Eclipse RSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:09:29 GMT 2024